IGNORED

Which Spring/Strut setup?

I run Wanli 215\45ZR17's on RacingHart C2 17x7's. Ross supplied the 28mm spacers which amounts to a +17mm offset. Handling is tight and reasonably comfortable. Whether a short or long ride this is a driver's car. You feel every bump and dip in the road.

I should say that I am running 14x7 Western Turbines shod with 225/50s Yokohoma's. While I stiffened up the suspension, I still have a bit of sidewall on my tires to help soften the ride a little. All in all it is a good setup.

• 8 months later...

My old struts and springs are worn out. I'm trying to figure out what to replace them with. I drive my 1970 240z as a street car. No racing.

My mechanic recommends the nismo euro spec springs but I can not find any to buy. I found Tokico and Eiback sets for sale online. Stage II & III types.

Does anybody have a recommendation of what would be good for a 1970 for ordinary street use?

Hi, Mark.

My '70 has the BRE race springs with bigger front sway bar and a 7/8" rear bar. Coupled with Tokiko Illuminas, it's a firm ride and a bit choppy on concrete. :rambo:

You might want to consider Eibach springs and I would recommend the Tokiko set-up.

Regards,

Frank

I have the Tokico setup with their springs and 5 way struts. In my wife's car, it is too stiff. I have ridden in Beandips car and think this is the best solution for a fun street driver. I am planning on replacing her suspension with his setup and installing the Tokicos in my car, where I don't mind the stiffness as much. I bought the Euro spec springs and the struts will come after a couple other projects are done. #1 project is to accumulate $$$$.