IGNORED

Online Z Car registry

MikeW

Well, according to Carl's website (zhome), the last '72 built was -100155 in 8/72. Series IV cars (1973) start at s/n -120000.

There are a number of cars in the registry with sub-120000 vins listed as '73's.

Actually, the Zhome site shows HLS30-100262 as the last 72 model reported. There may be others that Carl knows of with VINs later than that, but not on the list.

There are three cars listed as 73 models with VINs below 120000 (which is when Nissan says the 1973 model year VIN range began). All are listed as being located in Australia or New Zealand. The HS30 model was sold in those markets, not the HLS30 model. One of the VINs on the list says it is a HS30 and one is a partial VIN number - 11955?. That makes all three of these reported VINs questionable in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure why you posted a picture of your door tag. I don't think anyone was questioning the accuracy of the VIN/build date you stated. I think Rich1 was just agreeing that Mike W's spreadsheet data was incorrect in his opinion.

-Mike

I just restored the on-line spreadsheet to 8/29/10. This was the first correct version I could find in the history.

If you have made changes recently you might want to make sure they are in there.

You can save a copy for yourself by clicking on File>Export As> (choose your format here. I chose .xls because I have excel installed but you could choose .csv and open it in notepad.)

John

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...