IGNORED

beware!! stupid pannel beaters!

Fuzz260z

i recently took my car to the smash repairs shop, they were regaurded as the best in town and after seeing a couple of their jobs i agreed. i was getting some rust cut out of the fire wall, and a new plate put in and re-sprayed. took them about 2 weeks, which i wasnt pleased with, and they charged me 550 bucks (aussie) but the job looked pretty tidy, and the colours were matched well. so i payed up. anyways got in the car started her up, and she wasnt runnin well at all so i let it warm up, still wasnt running well. checked the distributor, points and all the electrical stuff, and still running like a dog. so i limped it home. when i got home, poped the hood and decided to dismantle the SU carbs. and what did i find???!?!?! METAL SHAVINGS AND FINE METAL DUST INSIDE MY CARBIES!~WTF.!>!! so that was today, ive completly dismantled my carbies and found that all surfaces inside the carbie have very fine scratches all over them. tomorrow when i take the head off, i expect to find my 2.565cc L26 re-bored to 2.8L :angry:

so i went to get some rust repaired, ended up getting a engine re-build, oh and they put a nice dint in my front left quater as well :dead:

anyways i just wanted to tell some people who care, most people dont appreciate Z cars liek the fellas on here.

i learnt, that all work on my car is going to be done by myself, just cause they say they are profesional, and charge big bucks dont mean the know anything about anything.

Fuzz

yeah i plan on taking a course now, so i can do all resto work myself, not just mechanical stuff. im in Wagga Wagga NSW, and the name of the shop that **cked my engine is 'Batkin and damme'. im taking my car back to them tomorow, to get the dent fixed, and see if i cant get them to pay for engine re-build(highly unlikely).

yeah i plan on taking a course now, so i can do all resto work myself, not just mechanical stuff. im in Wagga Wagga NSW, and the name of the shop that **cked my engine is 'Batkin and damme'. im taking my car back to them tomorow, to get the dent fixed, and see if i cant get them to pay for engine re-build(highly unlikely).

I'm in the buiseness here Stateside, Virginia to be exact, and all I can say is, hold on to all your evidence, if you still have it. Proving something like that is gonna be a challenge.

DIY is by all means the most accurate way to get things done to ones satisfaction. Add to that, you learn more about your vehicle and cars in general when you get down and dirty with them.

The fun factor and bragging rights go so much farther as well, and the horror stories will come to an abrupt end.

I don't know a thing about Aussie Laws but good luck and let us know the outcome of your efforts. I'd just like to see how it all turns out.

so i took the car to them to get the dent fixed. not only did they refuse to fix the dent but completly denyed any notion of metal dust in the engine, or engine bay for that matter. it seems i should have taken a page from your book candyblue, and documented my evidence, but when i got the car home, i didnt want to sit there taking photos of the piles of metal dust on my carbies, intake manifold ect, i just wanted to get that $^!# out as quickly as possible. all i have left now to prove my case is the scratched up carbies and a L26 engine runnin like a $^!#. i havent taken the head off yet, ive decied not to resign myself to the notion that the cylinder bores will need re-boreing, as the car still runs, and once warm dosent seem too much different at idle then before, its just when the engine is under load the revs break down. all i can hope is that its somthing electrical, or a carburation problem. once i eliminate these ill start getting into the serious stuff, and take the head off.

as for the shop paying for the required repairs to my car, i doubt that will happen, and it definatley wont happen unless i take out a law suit against them, i just dont have the cash or time to be doing that. im going to have to accept the fact it was as much my fault as theirs, as i didnt check the engine bay before i drove it home. anyways ill let you all know how i go fixing my problem. cheers

Fuzz

im going to have to accept the fact it was as much my fault as theirs, as i didnt check the engine bay before i drove it home.
i was getting some rust cut out of the fire wall, and a new plate put in and re-sprayed. took them about 2 weeks, which i wasnt pleased with, and they charged me 550 bucks (aussie) but the job looked pretty tidy, and the colours were matched well. so i payed up.

So did you check under the hood before paying up and driving home or not? You've got some conflicting statements here and I'm starting to wonder if this story is on the up and up.