IGNORED

Replacing/Fixing Door Panels

Duffman

Just heard back from MSA, they charge about $285 to have both door panels repaired and re-upholstered. This seems like a reasonable price. MSA also offers new panels for $265 per side.

Stephen

Hey Stephen,

So from those photos, they are basically just repairing damage and reupholstering. Not original vinyl and all that. Right? When you get yours back, would you consider shooting me some close ups of the upholstery?

Thanks

Bryan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240z-Interior-Door-Panels-Black-Rare-NOS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQihZ012QQitemZ220111102555QQrdZ1

Here's a set on Ebay now, but note the seller. Some have had problems with shipping, but not me personally....

It'll be interesting to see what these go for.

Steve

I got two sets of factory originals in the Nissan plastic bags, I can't image what they are worth. One set is going into a gnose JDM style street racer and the other might go on the block...

Mitchell, please provide pics of your MSA panels once you receive them.

David (Graham53), great source for the metal trim on the panels!

David (Montezuma), could be gold sitting in your garage!!

Stephen

Here is what the Datsun Restore panels looked like. The padding wasn't glued to the vinyl so it has too loose of a fit, but it is such a huge improvement from the prior setup it replaced, especially consider the installer is an upholstery hack. :cross-eye

door-pnl-left.jpg

door-pnl-right.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hullo All

I am interested in finding out how to restore/refresh the "chrome" strips on my door panels. Mine don't look great and I would be pleased if I could end up with original appearance.

It appears to me that the "chrome" strips are moulded onto the vinyl door panels. Is this correct?? The vinyl panels look very good, but the "chrome" is ugly in some places. I cannot explain what has happened, but the "chrome" is peeling off the blue surface underneath.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Regards, Jack