IGNORED

Fighting Rust...Help

zcarmannn

By the way, the High Build Primer may just need additional thinning in order to spray. Check with the paint shop and see what you can use to reduce it.

Most primers, even Epoxy, can be thinned somewhat to allow spraying them with a conventional suction (bottom cup) spray gun. If your gun isn't allowing you to do so even after you've thinned the primer down, you may need to check to see if you're using the correct diameter air hoses.

Too small a hose won't give you enough volume of air or the correct pressure to allow a syphon gun to suck up the heavier high build primers.

You also want to check the pressure AT THE GUN and not at the regulator just off the compressor and then have 50 feet of air hose before it gets to the gun. A small distance is OK, but not a long distance.

For this reason, some people will connect the compressor to a regulator / filter / water separator in the booth, then will use a shorter length of hose to connect to the spray gun.

Hope this helps

Enrique

The third link looks like it would do the job, I'll have to look into getting one as I still have a few hard to reach spots to spray into.

I was able to thin out the 2k high build primer but to get it to spray it would be double th recommended thinning amount. I was using a 3mm tip on the gun. It doesn't matter for me anymore as nearly all the priming is finished, just a few little spots to get now.

Cheers for you tips