IGNORED

Jb Weld!!!

Surfsup

I used it to seal a fist size hole in the side of an 84 Volvo 240T Block. Lasted for over four years.

Great stuff.

Incidentally, I was introduced to it by a Marine Machinist, who used it for fixing key ways on heavy diesel crankshafts. His comment was that it was tough enough to machine.

I have used this product with mixed results. I don't think it is the correct substance to use in place of good old welding. For small repairs that are not affected by the elements freezing and heating and vica versa I am sure it works fine but in the end I think it will eventually fail. As a matter of fact every time I have used automotively it failed pretty rapidly.

McKrack

I agree that it's not the stuff to use in place of real welding. And if so, only in an emergency as a stop-gap measure. But for those things that cannot be welded, it's been giving me consistently good results, and very few failures.

I mainly use JB weld to fill gaps and make fillets on the model boat engines, and occasionally on anything else like you would with epoxy. I will use it only on rare occasions to join parts. I have also used the aluminum soldering rods (http://durafix.com) for repairs and fills with success, but mostly on the model boat engines, and the occasional soda can.