IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Florida recently passed laws that allow all Florida Gas Stations to sell Ethanol Free gasoline - removing the former law that required them to sell E10. Too much damage to consumer cars and other vehicles {boats} and too much Food being used for fuel.

There are more gas stations selling Ethanol Free gasoline at this point - but they are not yet plentiful. They also charge more for ethanol free - but you get better mileage with it as well.

Now if more States could follow suit.

FWIW,

Carl

Thank you everybody,

I did not know about ethanol in fuel.

In Japan ,some gas stations are cheating, they sell their 'brended' high octan fuel.(not so good quality)

But it is not violation of law as long as they keep mix ratio below the regulation.

Kats

Hi Stanley,

Yes this is my favorite feature of Z432.

If you review some years back in this thread,you see the bottle

had a simple plastic cap without an metal adapter.

When the car was in restolation, the car got NOS parts,a set of a bottle and a bracket.

But it is for some mid 1970 or later type.

Difference between early and later is the cap and the adapter.

I desperately wanted an earliest one which is a metal adapter between the bottle

and a metal cap , the metal cap has a push button to release a pressure.

Also the car was missing a bracket for a hose from a radiator.

I finaly found the cap and the adapter, both are exactly shared with

Nissan Gloria,Cedric.

And the hose bracket was crafted by Ando-san .

They are really hard to find, I want them for my 240Zs too.

Kats

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73561[/ATTACH]

Hi Kats, I saw the Z432 has this nifty coolant recovery system and bracket. Don't see anything in my 240Z engine manual about coolant recovery. Most of the Z cars I see have something, from aftermarket plastic to chrome or beer can. It seems essential, at least in the desert. This one looks right, but I'm guessing it's difficult or impossible to find.

Edited by kats

Hi,

I just want to show this, the location

of the transistor ignitor box.

Skyline GTR has the box near the radiator,

it is not good idea because it is very easy to

have water and moisture.

Many GTR owners have the problem then they modify entire ignition system and its location.

And the horn relay,Passing light relay avobe the emergency frasher.

The gold box is an oscillator.

Kats

post-3193-14150829874654_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150829875243_thumb.jpg

Edited by kats

I recently got information from Shell ( translated with Google ) :

This is a fairly complex matter. It is true that there is a European law that ALL oil companies required the ENTIRE EU to dose. 5.75% biofuels in petrol and diesel

Exceptions are possible in so-called "premium" fuels, and that the achievement of a certain quota. In those regulations

Very simple and short-by-the-curve you can say that you can get as long as the sales share of the "regular" fuel is high enough. Exception for premium fuels

In the Benelux and DACH (Germany-Austria-Switzerland) our market share and volume sufficient to apply the Vpower this measure so that's why it is biovrij in those countries.

In France, however, we do not make the quota, and the bio Vpower account.

Met vriendelijke groeten, Bien à vous, kind regards

Dany Vlaminck

Technical Information Centre (TIC) BeNeFrUxSA

Belgian Shell S.A.

Arnaud Fraiteurlaan 15-23

1050 Brussels

RPR/RPM 0403.048.262

----------

Dear,

Shell V-Power is a gasoline fuel which does not contain ethanol in its composition, but on the other hand, there is also possible to use the Shell Unleaded 95 brandtof it contains a maximum of 5% of ethanol.

According to instructions below, this fuel with a maximum of 5% of ethanol is also acceptable for your classic car.

Be careful with the oldtimer, the cleaning characteristics of a V-Power would perhaps be too aggressive for internal closures of classic motorcycles.

You can find the website of Shell in the Dutch where are the Shell stations that supply this fuel.

With Kind Regards.

Met vriendelijke groeten, bien à vous, kind regards

Renaud Hayet.

Shell Lubricants Technical Information Centre (TIC) BeNeFrux & Switzerland (Fr)

S.A. Belgian Shell N.V.

Arnaud Fraiteurlaan 15-23, 1050 Brussels, Belgium

RPR/RPM 0403.048.262

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, my Z432 came back home safely in late September. I am very happy the car had no scratch and no mechanical damage.

After receaving my car I took my car to the photo studio right away. My Z432 wil be on a top cover "Nostalgic Hero" coming on Mar. 1st.

I recently did small things that I was not able to finish before the ZCON. They are,

#1 replacing door weather strips to E4100, I had later ones which I did not like the shape.

#2 replacing correct old style butterfly wing bolt for the air cleaner box in front of the radiator.Looks like  "micky mouse"

#3 organize battery cables correctly using clips on the fire wall.

#4 added vinyl tubes for the cowl top screws like factory instaled to prevent damge the cables and short circuit.

#5 added rubber pieces on the top edge of the quater glasses.My car was missing them when I bought.

#6 replacing exhaust bolts and nuts to S20 correct ones. 

#7 I found old licence plate bolts used in Japan back in 60's and 70's.They were in the tool box and could be used for my    father's  car when I was a kid.

#8 Changed pilot jets from 55 to 57.5 this gives good torque and feelings. Now 180/135/57.5 for my Mikuni 40.

I should have done these before the ZCON!

Kats

post-2430-0-93692800-1417049784_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-81709900-1417049809_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-09783000-1417049847_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-83854000-1417049905_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-80783300-1417049948_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-46219800-1417049972_thumb.jp

post-2430-0-91763300-1417049987_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris! Thank you, how are you doing? I hope 26th & 27th are doing well too.

Today I am asking this,

I have never think about these wellded very big nuts on top of roof rail,I have just found them last week.2 nuts each side, left & right.

What are they for? Are they related to roll bar?

Does every S30 have these nuts?

Kats

post-2430-0-49435000-1418004026_thumb.jp

Hi Chris! Thank you, how are you doing? I hope 26th & 27th are doing well too.

Today I am asking this,

I have never think about these wellded very big nuts on top of roof rail,I have just found them last week.2 nuts each side, left & right.

What are they for? Are they related to roll bar?

Does every S30 have these nuts?

Kats

Just looked at my 7/71 and they are there also.

Steve

• Like 1