IGNORED

Datsun-240z Vs Fairlady-z432

kats

Carl,

8-track tapes are quite available, new and used. I have a brand new Datsun option 8-track player for the head unit in a 510. Interested? I'll even throw in "Alice's Restaurant". Frankly, it's more difficult to find an original player like Kats' that still works. Mine works.

(Edit) BTW the part # for the player I have is 99993-00206-80 "8 track deck" universal chassis. Brand new in the Datsun box.

Here's a SUPER rare Japanese market dealer accessory that I feel sure the USA market did not get ( for humanitarian reasons ):

and for anyone that does have one - for a reasonable fee I'll autograph it for you !!

that is just too funny...

Carl,

8-track tapes are quite available, new and used.

Hi Chris:

Is that "new" as in New Old Stock - I had several of them, and all suffered from the foam rubber pads falling apart. Or is that "new" as in recently produced? I think my player is fine - and if they produced new tapes within the last couple years I'd sure give them a try.

I have a brand new Datsun option 8-track player for the head unit in a 510. Interested? I'll even throw in "Alice's Restaurant". Frankly, it's more difficult to find an original player like Kats' that still works. Mine works.

(Edit) BTW the part # for the player I have is 99993-00206-80 "8 track deck" universal chassis. Brand new in the Datsun box.

The 9999 indicates an after-market, locally sourced part - sold though Nissan USA and its Authorized Dealers. Still a very rare part to find NOS... I'm afraid my 510 no longer has its OEM radio... PO changed it out...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Thank you watching,

Chris,it seems to me that 8 track is not so rare in Japanese Z, in my opinion most of S30 has 8 track. For me, the rarest featuring of japanese S30 is, Non- audio car.How about in all the other country? I saw some exported S30 does not have an audio system, they just have a plastic "pocket" insted of a radio.

Carl, the multi recoder deck and the red 8 track NOS blank tapes(5 or so) were given from Mr. Kakimi who is also a pilot(captain) of All Nippon Airways.

He used to own Fairlady 240ZG and Datsun 280Z , but they both are sold.

The tape , top cover said " Radio Shack" you know this do not you?

The Captain Kakimi said he bought the tapes in the U.S. in some 10 years ago.

Alan, does your 240ZG also have a 8 Track, does not it? And I want to know the meaning of your fumor, but I could not because I am Japanese...

I will look for some original 1970 8 Track tape in the auction, like Jimi hendricks, or Ozaki kiyohiko as an Japanese singer.

kats

...it seems to me that 8 track is not so rare in Japanese Z, in my opinion most of S30 has 8 track. For me, the rarest featuring of japanese S30 is, Non- audio car.How about in all the other country? I saw some exported S30 does not have an audio system, they just have a plastic "pocket" insted of a radio.

kats

Kats,

This is the "pocket" that was used here-I have only seen two-including this one. One was in a parts car I bought-or rather, what was left of it was in the car. Then, early last year, I found this NOS one and bought it immediately.

Will

PS. I took the picture with the part upside down to show the details of the embossing clearer-from right side up the flash obliterated much of the detail.

post-4106-14150803183442_thumb.jpg

...And here I am thinking I'm all the tits for having an 8-track!

Chris,

At least you can borrow and play that tape from Alan!ROFL

I brought the "pocket" and some other goodies down to Autoway last year to show you, but the show was too good to break from.

Will

Will, great staff!!That is the one which I am talking about.

At least two Vintage Z program cars have that pocket, because I saw those cars in some Japanese car magazines which are introducing Vintage Z program.

I guess 240Z in the U.S. had no- choice of audio system, they all got radio as a standard, did not they?

Japanese Zs/ Europe 240Z and some other exported 240Z had choice,few people made a choice and got that pocket, I think.

Will, what the part number is the pocket? XXXXX-E4100?

kats

Alan, does your 240ZG also have a 8 Track, does not it? And I want to know the meaning of your fumor, but I could not because I am Japanese...

Hi Kats,

Don't worry about 'getting' my little joke. I'll try to explain it to you next time I see you.

Yes my 240ZG originally came with an 8 Track, but it now has a 'dummy' radio and I donated the 8 track to somebody who is hopefully going to actually use it in a car. Much better than sitting on a dark shelf in my garage.

Those original 8 Track sets are SO heavy!

If you can find me any original Japanese 8 Track tapes by Speed, Glue & Shinki, Flower Travellin' Band, Les Rallizes Denudes or The Jacks then

I might be tempted to get another unit and install it in the ZG. Gotta keep the sounds 'in period' :classic:

Alan T.

Will, great staff!!That is the one which I am talking about.

At least two Vintage Z program cars have that pocket, because I saw those cars in some Japanese car magazines which are introducing Vintage Z program.

I guess 240Z in the U.S. had no- choice of audio system, they all got radio as a standard, did not they?

Japanese Zs/ Europe 240Z and some other exported 240Z had choice,few people made a choice and got that pocket, I think.

Will, what the part number is the pocket? XXXXX-E4100?

kats

Kats,

It is 68835-E4100. I have heard that no cars hit our shores from Japan with out an audio system, and that these "masks" were special order-and like so many of the available pieces overlooked because of the difficulty in finding out about them-not that this one would have been a popular add on anyway.

Alan,

I thought it was the period music that was "Heavy"ROFL-at least it was over here!

Will

post-4106-14150803185469_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comment about the Vintage Zs, kats. And thanks for the pictures, Will. I would imagine that the thought behind using the pocket in the VZ program cars was along the lines of letting the new owner install their own audio system. By 1997 audio system far surpassed the radio that originally came with the car and would not be preferred.

I would figure you to be a Rolling Stones man, Alan. Thanks for the ribbing.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

As Carl pointed out very nicely, there are still many things have to be replaced to original.

This one is a Wing nut (actually it is a bolt) correct for Z432. The part number is 16516-E4201.

More to come soon...

kats

post-3193-14150803586161_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803586605_thumb.jpg