IGNORED

Exhaust tailpipe ideas

Mike

Now I had no idea this decision would be so difficult! We have nearly completed the restoration of my 1971 240z. The exhaust system is 2.5" diameter and, currently, there is no tailpipe.

I've been looking through photos to try and find a great looking tailpipe. But, I am coming up with no solid answers.

I'd like to go with a thick tailpipe with a rolled end. But, there isn't much on ebay at the moment.

Do you guys have opinions about this ? Anywhere I can look to find cool tailpipe ideas for my size of exhaust ?

-- Mike

PS: I would really like to get a billet-style tip similar to the one on my Harley (attached)

post-4-14150799574362_thumb.jpg

Mike, You might want to look at the chrome tail-pipe that comes with the MSA Super Turbo exhaust system.....made for 2 1/2" pipe, has the rolled edge you are looking for, and is simple and clean looking. Couldn't be more that $30.00!

Tom

Awesome, thanks for the ideas. I checked out the place in Sheridan, and this tip looks pretty good. I would want to see it in person, though. Do you know if they have a showroom I can go look at these tips?

-- Mike

I don't really know for certain, but I think so. They have their own dyno and such, I know. I've bought plenty of stuff from them over the years (2 Sciroccos, one GTI, one Corrado and my wife's 16v Jetta),but never stopped by in person.

But judging from my dealings with them over the years, even if they don't have a showroom, if you showed up at the office I'd bet they'd be happy to show you the tip in person. They seem to be good people.

I was thinking about puttng two glasspacks together in tandem, with just some plain or polished straight pipes. The muffler shop tells methey can fabricate a V splitter. I really hate it when you see a "sports car" that has dual tailpipes with smoke coming out of only ONE pipe! :devious:

This is my show setup. I can swap the rear section with twin glass packs mufflers for street use. This is a true two pipe setup from the headers. This rear section is real NOS from the 70's and has never been fired. Not yet anyway.

post-11460-14150799576628_thumb.jpg