IGNORED

Let's see some wheels!

veritech-z

They are "Per-Spec" mags (said to mean Performance Specialties) but the spinners may not have come with the mags. A set of these were dealer-installed on my car when I bought it new in '72 - they came with a center cap that had "P/S" on the end of the cap.

More discussion on these wheels here: http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24972

Thanks for the Link ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that no one loaded the ol' iron cross. Not to worry, here are mine (when they were clean), a closer shot of the cross on a potential parts car, and a dirty Western rim from the old parts car. All are 14x7.

post-11908-14150800896_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150800896545_thumb.jpg

post-11908-1415080089726_thumb.jpg

post-11908-14150800897842_thumb.jpg

Took me a while to find it. I ran these for a while in 2003 but didn't really like that look on my car. They look more at home on a ZX. Sold the rims to PrOxLaMuS© and put the tires on my truck:

641dm53.jpg

Those were some great looking wheels. I saw pictures of them on his car and was quite impressed. Easily the best looking "cross" wheels I've seen.

Took me a while to find it. I ran these for a while in 2003 but didn't really like that look on my car. They look more at home on a ZX. Sold the rims to PrOxLaMuS© and put the tires on my truck:
Hmm, I've never cared for the Iron Crosses at all, even on a ZX. But I'd never seen a polished set until now, either. Like you Stephen, I don't care for them on an S30, but those are the nicest looking Crosses I've ever seen.

I don't like any of the S130 wheels on a S30. I polished those myself just to see if I could do it. I wouldn't do it again! The shops that polish wheels earn their money IMO. They have the skills and the proper equipment. I spent almost as much in materials as it would have cost to just take them and have them done. Not to mention my time. I've had the 6 spokes, the Iron Cross and even the 15" 'Swastikas' on my car but didn't like the look of any of them once they were mounted. I like the so-called 'Black Pearl' wheels (they really aren't) that I have on it now. I'll keep them on it unless I can find a reasonably priced set of real Libra's (Libre's?).

• 2 weeks later...
Are these the Per-spec ones? The center cap say American racing.
They look like exactly like the Per-Spec mags that were on my car - except that mine are 14x5.5 and these are much wider. I've seen these mags in 14x5.5" and 14x7". What diameter and width is the mag in the photo?

So, I couldn't say if these are an American Racing mag of the same style ... or whether someone just plugged in the AR caps 'cause they fit ??

BTW - the Per-Spec mags that I have don't have any casting marks on the back side that indicate manufacturer. The only indicator of what they are is the "P/S" on the center caps...