IGNORED

Looking for Security advice

Mdalpoggetto

We all agree that if someone wants your car they will get it. I wanted to find a quick, easy and inexpensive way to disable the ignition while at a restaurant etc. I accidentally stumbled onto a way to accomplish them all.

When I was installing the electronic ignition in my 73, I temporarily jumpered the old ballast wires together. During the test, it worked great. Unfortunately, the jumper came off (unknown to me) and I couldnt restart the car. Once I found the loose jumper - I realized this was possibly the deterent I was looking for. I extended the 2 wires to the console and installed a generic electrical key switch. I turn the key, the circuit is made and the car starts. When I leave my car, I put the key in the switch, turn it and disable the circuit - the car will not start. I mounted the switch on the console tunnel and it is quick to lock and unlock.

Will keep my car theftproof - no. But it will slow someone down for a little while.

Will keep my car theftproof - no. But it will slow someone down for a little while.

Neat idea.... all we can hope for, as you say, is to "slow someone down for a little while.....

On the rare times I am stopped for awhile and do not have the car in sight I just pop out the fuel pump fuse which is easy for me to get at....