IGNORED

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

hls30.com

What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. What 240Z Design elements would you like to see in the new Z?

• The long hood line
    • The rake of the front and rear windows.
    • The rear quarter treatment.
    • chrome in the same places
    • Similar shaped and placed emblems
    • Similar lighting shape and placement
    • A fully developed L6 driveline that would drop right in an S30!
    • A spartan interior with similar major components placed as in the S30.
    • The useable hatch area
    • Sugar scoops
    • Charcoal metalic grill, wheels and tail light fascia.
    • A red dot rearview mirror!
    • The heater control panel
    • The steering wheel
    • A Henry Ford colored dash(any color you want as long as it's black!)

I know the history behind using the Datsun nameplate, and you are right - it won't happen because we are not in charge! Yes, few people identify with the Datsun name now in relation, but no one knew of "Scion" before 2003.

BMW and others are producing parts for their older vehicles, I agree, Nissan needs to support their older cars and their history. It is a shame really.

Ain't gonna happen. Especially if you understand the reason for the use of the Datsun name in the frist place. The average public, which is who auto manufacturers aim for, generally have no clue when you say 'Datsun'. I am a Datsun fan, but not a Nissan fan. As far as I'm concerned, Nissan might as well be Ford, GM or Toyota. Oh wait, Toyota, Ford and GM actually support their older cars so that's not really a fair statement

Hummm...... I haven't seen too many Edsel Dealers around lately. Come to think of it, where did all the Oldsmobile Dealers go? I think we can drop Ford and GM from that list....

There are a couple of "reasons" given for the use of the DATSUN Brand name by Nissan for it's Exports. The Nissan story is that not knowing how their venture into export sales would fair, they didn't want to risk the Corporate Name and have a potential failure associated with it.

Looking at the actual history of Nissan and its actions in China during WW-II, and given the fact that it's Founder and CEO was charged with war crimes, sent to prison and banned from holding any Corporate Office in Japan - it seems logical that the Brand Name of Nissan may not have been broadly accepted in other parts of the world during the 50's.

No matter how it was rationalized, I firmly belive that the destruction of the DATSUN Brand Name was part of the attempt to destroy the legacy of success associated with Mr. K. Most business analysts also agree that it was one of the largest corporate blunders of the 20th Century.

If Nissan gets strong enough to launch an entirely new Model Line, you might see the DATSUN Brand come back to America. It hasn't bee ruled out... although I do agree that it is unlikely in the near future.

It might be generational now - but I believe that the vast majority of the Baby Boomers all recognize the DATSUN brand. Given that they are still the largest generation in the population - I'm not so sure that the "average" public wouldn't remember Datsun. Especially given Nissan's broad advertising campaign a few years ago to remind everyone ... Dream Garage?, "Dogs Love Trucks"...

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl Beck

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

Does anyone know if this is a new hood for the 350Z?

I know I keep attributing this to Carl, but I've seen others say it. They need to get rid of this "ugly toad", and start new. They cut a big corner going with a glorified G35. In my opinion it's quite sick to say the least. I think two Datsuns made the company, the first was the little pickup truck, and the second of course is the 240Z. You don't cut corners on your icon! You never saw Corvette do that. :finger:

• 3 weeks later...
Wow Gary.... Based on your statements, I'm not sure why you even own a 240Z. Perhaps it's time to trade it in for that......dare I say it.....that Honda Civic you really want. :)

I recommend you reread my post. If you seriously look at the Honda 2000 and the RZ-7 , for get it is a 2+2 , see the shape of the car. This is what I was talking about . I don't know where you came up with Civic angle.

Introducing the 2008 350Z!http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=17248

I know its a crappy picture but you can see the hood design and headlights really well. I think it is keeping some of the s30 lines alive. Its is also going to have a 3.8 liter engine in it but it will still be called the 350Z. I suppose Nissan thought they could get away with that as long as the engine had something to do with the #350 ... in this case it is BHP. As much as everyone on this site bitches about how horrible the 350Z is maybe they should take into consideration the huge sales success that the car has been for nissan. dont get me wrong I would love to see nissan build an 18 thousand dollar sports car that could hold its own with the corvet but it ain't gonna happen. I love all Z's not because of the way they look but because of the community that supports it. when I see 350Z's everywhere on the road I feel that the Z community is alive and well. :burnout: