IGNORED

240Z racing a Z06 Vette

24OZ

• 5 months later...

In the 70's the 240Z frequently beet the A Prod Corvettes (427) at Laguna Seca and it as a joy to see...at Riverside however, long straights, the Corvettes would beat the Zs....but not by much!

Cheers,

Dave

Parise CA USA

Have you guys seen the video clip of the 280z with the blown LT4 vette engine in it...Its damn sweet, shows the engine off for a while, then shows the car doing about 50 or so down the road, downshifting and white smokeing and fishtailing leave 2 very thick lines of rubber as far as he stood on the gas. That video was what made me eventually want to get a z car...Its very inspiering...LOL

The guys name is Darius. I knew him. He lived in Pleasent Hill(10 miles from me). He was doing a wheelie on his bike and a semi came into his lane. He broke his neck in five places. This happened last winter. It was a bummer he was a nice guy.

The green Z belongs to Greg Scott of Scott Performance. The racetrack is Buttonwillow in Southern California. I have ridden in that car around Buttonwillow. I have also ridden in his current open track car, a Porsche GT-2 at Laguna Seca. The Porsche GT-2 is quicker.:D :D :D The best part is the license plate ring reads, "My other car is a Datsun 240Z".

• 2 weeks later...

damn, after checking that vid... i'm definately going to step up my efforts in hooking up a 240z.

i've always loved the Z. even when i was little kid, before i even knew what a Z was or what it meant/stood for, i always said "ooohhhhhhhhh" when i ever a saw one, even a funky caca brown one. :)

I'll have you know it was a funky caca brown Z that got me into them in the first place. It was also a 2+2 Shock Horror ROFL .

It was a fellow Neighbours it was always parked out the front of his place in the street. I saw the P plate on the car (Probationary Plate). We have to use these when we first get our licence here in Australia for 3 years to show were still new to driving not sure if you have the same thing in America. Anyway point was I thought if a young guy could afford a car like that then maybe I could too.

So I had a look around and came across my first 240z :classic:.

I recently downloaded some video's from the 350z.com I think it was and it features John Morton talking about the BRE car and how it out run the Porsche's in 1970. It also talks about how they were running stock brakes just two boosters and stock struts etc..

Had they had the time to modify the car well need I say more.

:love:

I have always been a corvette fan and a Z fan. I confess before I got my first car(before I knew what a Z was) I was a corvette fan. When I got my first Z I caught Z fever, and thats cause it was a ZX.

That video almost made me cry.

I have always wanted to see the car i love most do that. The fact that i heard that L motor sound just took the cake for me.:love:

• 1 month later...