IGNORED

Does anyone have a spare throttle rod?

BRE-240Z

Hi guys. I'm looking for a spare throttle rod (I guess that's what you'd call it) for my 240. This is the little rod that connects the accelerator pedal assembly to the rest of the throttle linkage, and it has a little ball and socket at each end. This is the piece that actually goes through the firewall and is covered by the throttle boot....

I was removing mine to replace the almost completely disentegrated original boot, and the plastic ball on the engine side of the rod snapped off in my hand.... :(

If anyone has one, or knows of a decent place to source this little item, let me know?

They do pop on and off. You have to install the cup over the ball at a slight angle for the internal spring clip. Also, there's a retainer pin to ensure they don't come loose until you want them too.The ball is 8mm diameter (I believe) which is the same as the Nissan piece.