Does anyone have a spare throttle rod? - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Does anyone have a spare throttle rod?

Featured Replies

Hi guys. I'm looking for a spare throttle rod (I guess that's what you'd call it) for my 240. This is the little rod that connects the accelerator pedal assembly to the rest of the throttle linkage, and it has a little ball and socket at each end. This is the piece that actually goes through the firewall and is covered by the throttle boot....

I was removing mine to replace the almost completely disentegrated original boot, and the plastic ball on the engine side of the rod snapped off in my hand.... :(

If anyone has one, or knows of a decent place to source this little item, let me know?

Hi Bre,

Send me your address and I'll send you one.....what year?

David Spillman

Rutherfordton, NC

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I see the all-metal rods come with their own ball studs, do they pop off and fit the Zcar balls?

(never thought about Zcars having balls before)

Yes check with pierce manifolds. They do have alot of stuff there. They are here locally where i live in gilory.We go there for webber gaskets.

They do pop on and off. You have to install the cup over the ball at a slight angle for the internal spring clip. Also, there's a retainer pin to ensure they don't come loose until you want them too.The ball is 8mm diameter (I believe) which is the same as the Nissan piece.

I found one, do you still need one? Let me know. JLP

  • Author

Jerry, thanks for the offer. I think dspillman has me covered, though. Thanks to everyone else for all of the suggestions and good advice!

Let me know if anything changes, I will hold onto it. JLP

  • Author

Thanks Jerry, I really appreciate it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.