Does anyone have a spare throttle rod? - Page 2 - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Does anyone have a spare throttle rod?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, i just got my 280z saturday, great day it was, its not running i got to get a few parts first, and i was looking for the part that connects to the rod coming out of the firewall that connects to rod coming off the motor, does that make sense, i cant find one anywhere thats not going to coast an arm and a leg

  • 1 year later...

Ressurecting this old thread to see if anyone knows a place I can get one or who might have one of these. I want to get another throttle rod to fix the jerky throttle response in my 72 240Z. This is the rod that connects to the lever coming off the firewall that runs parallel to the firewall.

Reading the old posts about the "aggressive acceleration" I believe this describes my car. There are a couple of changes described but shortening this rod and making the lever at a shallower angle seems to fix this problem.

I just want to have a second set so I can have a stock set in case it doesn't work. I would also like to get the linkage as pictured here describing the fix.

If anyone has a set please let me know!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.