IGNORED

Dash for tires on ebay....

dspillman

Carl were the dashes you mentioned , ones from Queensland or here in the U.S. ? There is some history with the company in Washington. I would spend the money for shipping and buy the dash from the original company is Queensland. Gary

Wow,

Incredible...Supply and demand I guess.

Guess it takes 2 who want or need the item. There can't be that many left out there.

Thanks for the Bids Jerry, I'll be trying to best my best 7th place ARRC showing from several years back. we'll keep every one posted.

David "one less dash" Spillman

I didn't win but you can sure buy some tires for the $1700 the dash brought. I went to $1201. and it went up $500 dollars in the last 14 seconds. Good luck at Atlanta. jerry

Well, easy for me to say this now that I have a car with an uncracked original dash, but personally I'd rather have a restored dash with slightly wrong grain than a cap or a cover.

And there are actually two choices (if not more) here in the states. Besides the outfit in Washington, there is also Just Dashes in Van Nuys, California. I have no experience with either to share, however.

Arne,

I have all three, A NOS dash, A restored Dash(done in Washington), and a dash with a DashCaps cover-the NOS is perfect. The restored Dash is far better than a cracked dash, and in all honesty, the DashCap(installed properly) is far closer to the NOS dash. I have posted pictures of all three in other threads and my gallery, and the $100 for the cap was by far the best deal, it will not crack, the only places you can even tell it is a cover(because of the time and energy I took in installation) is at the outsides of the Dash-and there is no chance of seeing them with the doors shut! I have had a couple of well versed ZNutz miss the fact that dash had a cover on it, and comment on how wonderfully I had preserved it...

Maybe I need to get all three together and take some more pictures, I took and posted pictures of the NOS and restored dashes side by side.

WIll

I feel lucky. Got my ten year old(when the guy bought it) NOS dash with a parts car purchase for $400 for everything. Oh yah, that included a complete rebuilt L28(f54) with a 5-speed and a complete Turbo Tom set-up with Exhaust and Nitrous. Maybe some day the "pumpkin" will be finished.

Sorry Jerry,

It was paid for in less then a hour.

Will,

I to have a dash cap on race car...When I first built car from a 73 California rust free shell, I had people chastise me first for putting a cage in such a great shell....then for using a uncracked dash. I agree that a cap properly installed looks great.

David

If the buyer doen't follow through let me know, maybe we can work something out I have quite a few spare racing parts laying around.

Jerry

I know most of us would jump at the chance to get a new original dash.

Turns out they are "cracked-up" to be what thay are. Literally.

The original covering is not UV friendly; another inherent problem just like bodies being prone to rust.

If I was going to replace the dash I would send it to the land down under before I'd fork out $1,000.

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/general_info.htm

Just a note, this company no longer works on dashboards from out of the country. That was the reply I reveived when I requested an estimate. jlp