IGNORED

Top End Performance triangulated rear strut bar...

Jayru

Looks to me like they just got their inventory mixed up, or somebody grabbed the wrong plans when they made your bar. It's obviously wrong, just be polite when requesting a swap for the right one and it shouldn't be a problem. The numbers I posted are directly from the Body chapters of the FSM's for 1973 and 1976.

Another thought - find out what the distance between those holes is supposed to be for both bars. Measure yours and see what's what.

Alright, looks like they did mix up the bar. I'll have to send them my bar back and the will send me a replacement. I definitely like the build quality of the bar and style a lot from what I can tell so far. I'll keep y'all updated.

Edited by fatfree

After sending the seller the dimensions and photos of the bar, he insists that it's made for a 280z and that he highly doubts his jig has changed since it was created. I don't doubt that at all, but I think his jig is just not built to factory 280z dimensions. (I have a Cusco front strut bar [non-adjustable], and it fits perfectly).

Anyways, I've requested to have the bar returned and refunded, so we'll see.