IGNORED

Top End Performance triangulated rear strut bar...

Jayru

I've had this thing sitting in the garage for a few months now. Never got around to installing it. Finally put it on the car yesterday and Wow, all i can say is wow!

My car feels like a completely different car. Gone are all the shakes/rattles from the rear of the car. It feels completely solid now. Going around turns... no flex at all! The car's tighter, more agile. Even simple things like going over bumps, potholes, driveways, etc. No flex, and the load is distributed so evenly, you can really feel it. Probably the best thing i've done to change the driving experience of the car for the better. I never thought it would do so much!

My only regret is not buying the front one too! I highly reccomend it...

Hmm, the rear fit quite well. I had to elongate the bolt holes just a hair (probably because the car was already flexed/tweaked a little with age). Other than that, no problems...

Jayru,

Appreciate your thoughts on the rear strut bar. I am try to think (but nothing happens) "why a triangle shape for the rear? I could well understand a square shape. Additionally, how much of the vinyl did you have to cut out to fit the lower section in? How does it look? And, how about the top strut tower covers, did they fit ok over the bar? Thanks,

Jayru,

Appreciate your thoughts on the rear strut bar. I am try to think (but nothing happens) "why a triangle shape for the rear? I could well understand a square shape. Additionally, how much of the vinyl did you have to cut out to fit the lower section in? How does it look? And, how about the top strut tower covers, did they fit ok over the bar? Thanks,

The triangle design stops front/back movenent as well as side to side. I did not cut the vinyl at all, the lower triangulated part is like a U groove that fits over the shock tower brace (vinyl and all). It did come with a bolt, but there were no holes drilled into the U, nor do i think anything to bolt it through at that location. The top caps can be put right back into place. I think it looks great!

I've been slacking on getting some pic's up. I'll try and snap a few off tomorrow...

Spoke with TEP today... they are telling me that the brace on the lower part (U) is to be bolted to the rear shock tower which is what I assumed. Did you not bolt or secure yours?

By the way, they also said their brace was powder coated black. may I ask how was the coating?

Thanks,