IGNORED

15 x 7 Panasport/Konig Tire choices

jmark

Yoko AVID H4S tires are coming from DiscountTireDirect.
Slightly off-topic here. I've been wondering why so many people in other parts of the country buy their tires off the Internet? Are there no good tire dealers in the rest of the country? Here in Oregon, I can buy the same tires locally for prices so close to Internet/mail-order prices that I'd never bother with the hassle.

Slightly off-topic here. I've been wondering why so many people in other parts of the country buy their tires off the Internet? Are there no good tire dealers in the rest of the country? Here in Oregon, I can buy the same tires locally for prices so close to Internet/mail-order prices that I'd never bother with the hassle.

I saved $40 on sales taxes plus I got them before our local shops could figure out what the heck was going on with heat cycling. Kumho's 710s going on tomorrow. :love:

Hey Arne-

In the Wash, DC area most major dealers don't even stock a 225/50/15 tire because most modern day cars don't use them.

Then they want to "price jack" cause they have to be ordered!:mad:

So, if they are going to order you may as well order yourself.

Arne, I live in Washington and have been buying from TireRack.com for 15 years. Even icluding shipping costs their prices are still well below what I'd pay here (before adding in our 8.8% sales tax).

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

The speedo is way off with the 15x7 and 225/50/15 combo...

5mph over at 35mph..

10 over at 70mph...

20 over at 140MPH...

I hit 150mph(redline 4th gear with a 3.54 rear end) on some tracks... but that actually translates to about ~128mph... which is realistic for the stock 1972 240Z driveline gearing... especially on short tires...

I really do like the way the 225/50/15 race tires feel... and they wear well with minimal added negative camber...

Toyo RA1s come in a neat size... 225/45/15... I have not tried them yet... but they might work well for fine tuning gearing with a close ratio tranny... I would also be concerned with their needing more negative camber...