IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

yup its on episode 1

you can see it online at FX's website

"testees" is the name of the show... about 15:45 is when it makes its appearance...

I think that's what I said? I also put in a link to the exact 15:45 time frame. I was wrong on the correct spelling at first, though.

just FYI,

Dave

I'm guessing that the way film crews take forever to take "the Shot" The Z probably did that shot a few times before they got it right and in the process, the coolant was ready to "swap out" at the time they hit the corner.

Questions is how many times they shot that and how long did they amke him wait to do the stunt and how hot was it.

Or maybe he lost the lid on his overflow bottle with all the jerking around.

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Was watching a show on PBS last night and they had a documentary-type program on about the Swinomish Native American reservation around Anacortes, WA. At one point they talk about all the cars that are left to rust away on the res, and the first car they pan to is a Z. It was pretty quick but I'm pretty sure it was an S130 (280ZX).

Slap shot, aka: the world's greatest hockey movie.

The team is sitting in a bar (in the middle of the day), drinking beer and watching soap operas. If you listen to the soap opera, it's about a guy who has just recovered from amnesia... the conversation...

Guy: You SOLD my car?

Girl: Don't you remember? You gave me power of attorney when you had amnesia.

Guy: You SOLD my 260z?!?!?! But... but.. that was MY car! <voice cracks>

I don't know if any one has mentioned this movie. I was watching this movie on Sunday and woke up just in time to see the car.

Capricorn One with Elliott Gould and Karen Black from 1978. It is about a manned mars mission that goes bad. Towards the end of the movie Elliott Gould borrows Karen Blacks car and it's looks like a 1976 or 77 red 280Z. It does not have the 240 or the 79 bumpers so it has to be a 75 through 78. It is in the last scene in the background.