IGNORED

Steve Irwin's Memorial

1 Bravo 6

Yair, O.K. I know it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Zeds or even cars in general, but I thought some members would be interested to know that Steve Irwin's Memorial was held today.

About 3 thousand FREE tickets were handed out on a first come best dressed basis. People lined up for over 24 hours to get them.

There is, at this time, an in depth report on;

www.ninemsn.com.au

Which includes video coverage. It will not be there after tonight if you're interested in seeing it.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

I saw that some low-life was selling one of those tickes on ebay ealier in the week. Trying to profit from Steves Death is just wrong. The tickets were free in the first place.

The price had gone up to 12 million dollars, obviously joke bids to try and teach the seller a lession. Imaging the final sale fee they would be charged by ebay, which would have been deducted form the sellers bank account regardless of whether the seller paid or not. They would then have to try and reclaim the money back from ebay via a non paying bidder dispute.

Anyway it never got to that, ebay pulled the auction, and i presume, informed the police. I heard the seller was fined $2000. Not sure what the offence was. Scalping tickets is illegal isnt it? if so probably thats what the charge was.

300 MILLION people worldwide, per the news tonight, watched his memorial.

That's a serious cause for thought.

I can only hope that even only a small percentage of those people carry on his message of caring for the animals and the world around us. Whether we are living in the only planet with life on it, or are one of a myriad of other planets, his message was that we should preserve it, for our children and their children.

May his message carry on through the ages.

E

Enrique,

I wholeheartedly agree with you mate.

Barb and I used to do a lot of bushwalking and camping and started teaching our son to love the bush before he could walk. We had what was marketed as a Papoose Carrier. I carried him around on my back everywhere we went. He now does the same thing with his own kids. A shame there isn't more people doing it. You never know,maybe more will follow Steve's example.

It really came as a surprise to hear that he had died but, I wasn't surprised at HOW he died. He was always pushing his luck and I guess his luck just ran out.

Craig,

A couple of days ago, when the free tickets were being given out, a young bloke who had received a ticket, noticed a young kid crying in his mother's arms because because they had missed out on getting a ticket. The young bloke GAVE his ticket to the kid. It was reported on the T.V. News. I guess there's still hope for the youth of today after all.

Rick.

:devious: :devious: