IGNORED

When did the fairladyZ get power windows

hls30.com

• 1 year later...

Everything I've ever read on the US models indicates that the 1979 280ZX would be the first to get them. On a side note, with all the other stuff like power mirrors, steering, 6 way adjustable seats, etc., I wonder why they didn't put power windows in the 810.

Everything I've ever read on the US models indicates that the 1979 280ZX would be the first to get them. On a side note, with all the other stuff like power mirrors, steering, 6 way adjustable seats, etc., I wonder why they didn't put power windows in the 810.

And to consider your side note- I wonder why they didn't put power seats in the S130.

As Will stated several years ago in this thread, it is interesting to see a bit of parts bin mentality at work. The overhead map light orb is identical to that in my ZX, as are the power mirror switches. The window switches are a bit different though.

Hijack complete; this thread will now continue in it's normal (?) fashion.

post-11908-14150803644859_thumb.jpg

Wait, one more side note, if I use the S130 power mirror switches on my 810, pushing it left makes the mirror go right and vice versa because the 810 switches are wired differently since they mount in the dash instead of the console. (End of sub-hijack)

And a slight continuation of the sub-sub hijack:

Stephen, I realize that once the mirrors are set, they pretty much stay were they are, but wouldn't it be a simple procedure to swap contacts at the harness (on the back of the switch)? As I recall, there is enough wire to do just that.