When did the fairladyZ get power windows - History - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

When did the fairladyZ get power windows

Featured Replies

I know that the Fairlady Z got power windows before they were offered here in the USA. Does anybody know when and what the switches looked like? Part numbers would just be too much...

Will

  • Author

I Cant tell-it is too small-just over postage stamp size....

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think they are mounted on the doorz!

I noticed those power mirrors too!

Will

They were first seen on the C-S31 group range, released in July 1976.

Here's a scan from the relevant model range catalogue, showing some of the options available. Power window option is second item down on the right hand options column.

post-2116-14150798352383_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, hello Alan, it's been awhile...(3yrs?) Hope all is well. This is Eiji (Hosomi).

I have the S31 stuff at hand and thought people may enjoy the pictures.

As for PW , it is not just switch & motor added to non-PW door. PW is a completely different setup and that the regulator is different, motor (of course), and the reinforcement panel. To be picky, door panels are different too, (minor details). Without the reinforcement metal panel, the power of PW will twist and bend the door metal. As for PW switch chrome covers, they were not assigned with parts #s from the begining.

At the moment, I am stripping my 2nd Z (77 US280Z) in order to fully restore/customize from the ground up. I will be installing these S31 gadgets on the 77 in a few months, as soon as the body shell is done, and I will be showing daily progress and notes on new discoveries on my blog in both English and in Japanese. If anyone is interested, please check it out. I'd love to hear from you.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/datsunspirit/

www.datsunspirit.com

My friend in Japan with S31 is doing the exact opposit of me, and he is converting his S31 into 280Z. I will also try to post his discoveries as much as possible.

post-1337-14150798353215_thumb.jpg

post-1337-14150798353486_thumb.jpg

post-1337-14150798353659_thumb.jpg

post-1337-14150798353829_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Thanks!

I found a rusty and beatup Fairlady on ebay in Texas a couple of weeks ago, and missed buying it(it went for a little over $300) because of a family issue. It had all of these goodies. That find, and loss, was the source of my question. I am after some more JDM pieces-power window mechanisms(though those do have more than just a passing resemblance to 280ZX mechanisms) and a couple more switches/interior panels

Will.

Hi Eiji,

How are you? Good luck with your business venture.

Nissan's Z-10 'Service Shuho' book for the C-S31 and C-GS31 model range carries an interesting illustration on the differences between the manual and power window mechanisms. Looks like the metal plate 'Bottom arse'y' ( which holds the door glass ) is different too?

Here's a scan:

post-2116-14150798363595_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.