IGNORED

This forum looked lonely...

Phacade

This forum looked lonely. But keeping on topic, I was and have been wondering if anyone has had any success or opinions of multi-colored interior dome lights. I believe red/green/blue/etc are all available and are a stright bulb swap. Obviously they will give out colored light, but is it easier on the eyes at night, for example, when reading a map.

I mean, it works in a submarine; right?

This forum looked lonely. But keeping on topic, I was and have been wondering if anyone has had any success or opinions of multi-colored interior dome lights. I believe red/green/blue/etc are all available and are a stright bulb swap. Obviously they will give out colored light, but is it easier on the eyes at night, for example, when reading a map.

I mean, it works in a submarine; right?

Don't know if your submarine comment was tongue in cheek or not. If not - the red lights in a submarine (or any other military ship/aircraft/etc.) are a night-vision "thing". It takes about thirty minutes for your eyes to adjust from white light to "full" night vision. The oncoming topside lookouts typically don red goggles when they roll out of their bunks.

When driving, you are exposed to too much white light (oncoming headlights, streetlights/etc.) to have really good night vision anyway. A word of warning - the red lines on your map will disappear under red light!:ermm: