IGNORED

U.S. National Anthem: what an Insult!!

TomoHawk

I'm surprised there hasnt been a rap version of the US anthem yet. Or maybe there was and it didnt make the news down under, like that chick that was singing the US national anthem at a ice hocky game (I think it was), and forgot the words.

Is it true that the US nation anthem has to be sung/played before every concert or sports event? I remember that an irish singer in the 80's or 90's didnt want it sung before her concert and caused some sort of commotion about it.

Is it true that the US nation anthem has to be sung/played before every concert or sports event? I remember that an irish singer in the 80's or 90's didnt want it sung before her concert and caused some sort of commotion about it.

Usually before sporting events but not at any concert I've been to. Been to a few plays and musicals as well and its not played. I don't really know the reasoning behind the sporting event playing though.

If I'm not mistaken wasnt it Sinead O'Connor who made the fuss?

FWIW,

Chris A.

No dictatorship ever survived nor would it in a society that allowed a free press. The two mix like battery acid and a newborn.

I fully understand this. My point was not to say or define how a dictatorship works. I was saying that freedom of speach does not define what a democracy (or a dictatorship for that matter) is; though, it does inhance one nicely.