IGNORED

The Pinks Z Races on Wednesday!

theianmonster

Well I know the Hybrid guys are at it again, and want to take another shot at this...so we will see what happens. I caught the last five minutes of "Pinks" and well, it wasn't pretty.

As for the Full Throttle episode, It is available on DVD, I have a copy only because they used my Z for the interviews with John Morton and Trevor Harris...I sure wish they could have done the show with just those two and their interviews like "behind the headlights". That would have been a show! I can't tell you how many great stories got left on the cutting room floor, there was 8 hours of interviews that was cut down to less than 5 minutes on the show...and the other crap with those fools attemting to make a 240Z go really slow.

I agree Ron. The Hybrid Z effort was disappointing for several reasons I won't go into here. If you want to know what really went on go there and join the Pinks forum. The admins there seem to have gotten control of a really bad situation.

All but the banning of members for what reason has already been released to the public.

Here's a short from Mike Kelly on zcar.com

Here's the story... The guys built the car and MADE mistakes, cut corners and didn't do the car as much justice as they could have... In 45 days... Do a car in fortyfive days or shut the hell up.

Regardless of the fact that we banned almost everyone associated with the build for reasons NOT associated with the PINKS filming, I can tell you that WE at HYBRIDZ are proud of how they negotiated and how it went down... The car had a BAD MISS UP TOP and had a LOT MORE potential than they had time to sort out. In the end, it looks like it was bad wiring on their part...

Not to worry though. We bought the car back, and it is now in New Mexico. The car will be stripped and the parts auctioned. Then, this car will be crushed.

... snip ...

I can tell you that WE at HYBRIDZ are proud of how they negotiated and how it went down... The car had a BAD MISS UP TOP and had a LOT MORE potential than they had time to sort out. In the end, it looks like it was bad wiring on their part...

I am sorry, but the PINKS guys did a bad job negotiating. If they did a better job they would have won. I will say they did a great job up till the last race, but they backed down in the end and got punked. You lost the race once you let the bottle in. If there was no bottle and 4 links, you would have had a race. I am sure you guys will be able to get the car done right next time.

Not to worry though. We bought the car back, and it is now in New Mexico. The car will be stripped and the parts auctioned. Then, this car will be crushed.

I thought you lost the car? Did you guys buy it back? What's the stroy?

The car was bought back...

It has some bad karma attached to it...really..

Maybe it didn't perform like some of the kill stories (5.0 mustang, vette, porsche) that you've read about, but It's still a geat car- just maybe a different turbo, or nitrous, or just get the engine or electricals right. Maybe even some flares & fat rubber, and turn it into a road course car. It's gotta be worth a lot that way for sure.