Replacing Series 1 Ashtray - Page 2 - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Replacing Series 1 Ashtray

Featured Replies

Hey Duff,

I watched EBay for 6 months and lost several of these at $60-$75. I thought that price was an outrage. Well guess what? They are now $100 or more for a good one. Unless you get real lucky you just have to pony up for the dough.

I hope to see you at the Pavilions Sat. I'll be there around 3:30 to 4:00.....The new carbs are on - just back from Spanky's

Still waiting for your gallery pics.

I broke the lid on my ashtray in the mid 80's and bought a replacement at a Datsun/Nissan Dealer. Paid $25 ...... remember distinctly that I challenged the parts clerk on the outrageous price. In hindsight, wish I ordered 100 of them to sell on E-Bay 20 years later.

I resemble that remark...for a good many interior parts...

Will

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Bought the original rear window defogger switch for my 70 at a price of 7.95. Would like to have a couple of those now also.

  • 2 weeks later...

I also should have bought spares of common interior parts. My best score was buying a new set of four first year 'D' logo hubcaps for the outrageous price of $35.00 each. Definitely should have bought more. They are still in almost mint condition today.

Ashtray is $135 and growing...I wonder how much they were 5 years ago.

Who needs the stock market if you have enough ashtrays!!

  • Author

Can you believe that the ashtray on ebay went for over $266!!!:eek:

Please, someone out there take a look at fabricating those hard to find ashtrays, there must be some money to be made! I know I would buy one!!!

I bought mine for about $50 off eBay a couple years back. It wasn't perfect, but by gluing a small washer on one end I was able to fix it where the pin attaches lid to the main body of the ashtray. No spring, but I don't really care, will be a nice place to store my change I guess. I found a lid in a junker, but it had a corner broken off. No sign of the ashtray though. The search goes on for back ups and trade parts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.