IGNORED

good news guys! grills and spoilers

khughes

Hi Guys,

Just an update as i spoke to Phil yesterday. The grill mould is still on-going as they have been stuck doing other jobs. though they have sourced what seems to be the same mesh material, and they have spoken to a metal guy to make up the brackets.

he is sending me a set of spoilers, for test fitting (the front spoiler, may need to be filled out a little more, as it looks like the original i got may have been a copy of a copy..), so as soon as i get them, i will fit them on Brian's car, and post some pics

dafunkist.. the badges are an issue.. you could probably get away with an R33 GT-R badge on the front (probably need to cut the back down a little so it is flat), and an R32 GT-R badge on the rear (smaller than the R33 rear badge, but not exactly the same as C110).. but short of getting them out of japan.. i wouldn't hold your breath of them turning up here (maybe once in a blue moon!), and if they do.. expect BIG dollars!

Phil's contact details are in one of the threads..

btw people, my website, is SLOWLEY getting back up!

• 2 weeks later...

My bits should be shipped sometime this week.

I was charged the following (though prices will vary according to costs of material at the time, so don't be surprised if it fluctuates..trust me.. this is a LOT cheaper than getting them from japan, and given Phils comments, probably of better quality).

Flares : $270

front spoiler : $141

rear bobtail : $132

plus packaging and shipping..

Phil is still holding off main production until i can confirm the front spoiler actually fits properly.

as for the grill.. The mesh has been sourced both in galvinized steel and stainless.. i recommended galvanized to make it easier for us to paint later. Hopefully there should be some big news in 2 weeks time.

Im interested in the front spoiler and the bobtail, the prices seem very reasonable. you can pretty much lock me in for some at that price.

Post some pics so I can make up my mind.

Has anyone got any photo's of the standard C110 arches pumped out without flares?

I have put in an order for an arch roller which arrives in three weeks and was just going to roll the steel arches. I'm on a quest to have the most modified kgc110 in the world.:stupid:

• 3 weeks later...

The rear is good (though the tips of the spoiler that go past the boot lid needs to be filled in.

as for the front, i am not 100% sure yet, it certainly needs some modification, i just havn't had any more time to look into it as i move house next weekend..

grill is still being worked on

• 1 year later...

let me know if you get on to him, i asked him to make me another front grill ages and ages ago, but have heard nothing since (and havn't recieved any replies).. so if there is 2 of us then maybe he will do them again

Kent

• 3 weeks later...

No pics i am afraid, just afterwards, i had to send a 240K over to Brian in the states, and as his parts hadn't turned up, i had to hastily throw them on his car for shipping.

I think the front spoiler will fit with a little bit of shaping.. i am trying to get in contact with them to get another grill.. tried email, but no luck.. so i will have to find time to give them a call.