IGNORED

'70 Rust-Free Arizona Z Going Cheap!

27th had a snake skin draped over the center console when she arrived. There was a mouse nest inside one of the frame rails.

I recall back in the good old days when I was young, I bought two Lotus Europas from a junk yard in Tampa. One of the cars was crashed in the front and the other was burned in the back. I cut them in half and glassed the bodies back together. When I was pulling the carpeting out of one of the cars a scorpion bit me in the stomach. Hurt like hell.

I am in Los Angeles working on a 1970 and could use several parts if a member wants to partner up?? I have a set of rims w/tires, and lugnuts. Would be willing to take a weekend trip to fetch it, but am lacking towing/trailer.

The seller has not responed to my quetions about ID#, etc... Anyone interested??

Stephen: What I really meant to say was...I am dying to buy this thing and if there is anyone out there with a reasonable idea, I am seriously interest.

I need; 2400CC valve cover, air cleaner assembly, metal fan & fan clutch, and a bunch of odd's and end I have already forgotten!

Stephen: What I really meant to say was...I am dying to buy this thing and if there is anyone out there with a reasonable idea, I am seriously interest.

I need; 2400CC valve cover, air cleaner assembly, metal fan & fan clutch, and a bunch of odd's and end I have already forgotten!

I wouldn't expect the fan clutch to be good after sitting so long in that environment, and the metal fan is regarded as less than desired versus the plastic fan, unless you're going for an entirely period correct car.

The metal fan is heavy and places more wear on the clutch...there are a few threads mentioning the details.

Since the car has a 2400 valve cover, it is probably a sub-5000 Series I, correct? Carl and 26th-Z please help me out on this .....anyway, I would love to see this car restored and not parted-out. I'll bet a lot of members who live in the NE, the Midwest and other "Salt Belt" states, would love to have an early Series I like this one from the dry Arizona desert for a project. Like I said in an earlier post, I wish I had room for this car, but I don't and that is why I started this thread in the first place, in hope that one of our members would buy it and restore the car. Rust buckets should be parted out, not cars like this.

I really don,t need another car but I cant stand by and let an early Z die. If no one else wants it let me know and I want bid on it otherwise I think it needs a good home.I just bought a house today with 5 outbuildings and room to keep up to 15 cars indoors.I think I am going to call my new place Z shelter for retired Z cars.LOL

Since the car has a 2400 valve cover, it is probably a sub-5000 Series I, correct?
Not necessarily quite that low. I've been told that the 2400 valve covers were phased out during 10/70 production. So call it the first 12000-14000 cars or so.