IGNORED

'70 Rust-Free Arizona Z Going Cheap!

The main problems are 1) you'd have to have a flat bed to pick it up and you couldn't have it shipped without wheels and tires. 2) no mention of the condition of the most important parts is made.. that being the floorboards and frame rails...

FWIW,

Carl

Nowhere in the add does the seller state 'rust free' but from what the pictures show it doesn't look too bad. Like Carl said, you can't see the frame rails, floorboards etc., but what the heck! Being listed in 'manuals and literature', someone will get this car fairly cheap.

Originally Posted by: Carl Beck

The main problems are 1) you'd have to have a flat bed to pick it up and you couldn't have it shipped without wheels and tires. 2) no mention of the condition of the most important parts is made.. that being the floorboards and frame rails...

1) Someone would only need a flatbed if they didn't have an extra set of wheels to bring with them when they came to pick it up and yes shipping would be a problem for someone on the other side of the country but not a problem that couldn't be overcome if one was truly interested in this car. Maybe a Classic Zcar Club member who lives nearby (or even the seller) could slap on a set of cheap wheels and tires for an agreed opon price.

2) "Ask seller a question" would probably work in this case. :stupid:

I have an extra set of Z wheels with tires in my garage and I would certainly consider bidding on this car if I had somewhere to put it. Phoenix is only a little over 500 miles from where I live here in Colorado. From the pics, it appears not to have any rust problems and afterall, it's in the dry Arizona desert. Someone could probably buy this car for next to nothing.

Carl and I were talking about this car on the phone this morning. It appears as though the car was originally blue. It has A/C. The valve cover is a 2400. Just look at the bumpers! Straight! I think this baby could be bought for a song and there are plenty of people whom would be interested in the parts. It looks pretty complete. I would go for it!

post-4148-141507974503_thumb.jpg

Look at the background of the photo's

You may not even be able to get a vehicle close enough to recover this vehicle.

Looks like the seller is holding some cards that he is not showing??

If you were in the area, it would be hard to not go look at this.

Could be a sour or sweet deal.

The bumpers look good, the hatch glass looks good, the doors are tight fitting, the mirror is still on there, and theres no bubbling on the fenders...aside from whats certainly a cracked dash/console, this could be the parts find of the century...or if your car looks more like a parts car in comparison...this one could be what you need to have a clean, hot Z.

Providing the floor and everything that goes with it are still attached...which I would think is a stong possibility with this one.

I see what Lowell is saying about access, but I figure the car had to get where it is today right? Obviously, the wheels & tires were either taken off by the owner or they were stolen at one time. The seller states that it has no title, that's a shame since it looks to be a good candidate to restore like what 26th Z & Virto were saying. How hard is it to get a title on a 36-year old car? (I guess it depends on which state you live in...) Any members in the Phoenix area that can take a look at this car pretty soon since the auction ends tomorrow?

Heck, screw looking at it. If anyone in that area needs a TAIL LIGHT or any other part, I'd say it's worth the buck, even if you have to put a 40 dollar scrapyard set of wheels on it to tow it out.

Unless it's surrounded by a river or a gorge, it can be pulled out of there.

Well I went ahead and "Asked the seller a question" or two :cheeky: about rust, interior pics and vin#. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he responds to my questions in his ad.

If he emails me directly, I'll copy his response for everyone here.