IGNORED

Interest in Master Vac Decal Reproduction?

AZ-240z

Thanks for all of the replies and interest in this decal project. I will go ahead and see what it would cost to do these master vac decals. I am estimating that I would need to sell these for about $10.00 to $15.00 each to cover my costs, but will know more about pricing once I talk to the company that will do these.

If you have seen the other decals pictured in my gallery, you can see that I will not do a decal if it can't be done perfectly for my car.

The master vac decal also includes some numbering which must be done with

a stamped die set as seen in the original in my gallery. This shouldn't be too difficult to do.

This decal, from my research, is for the 1969-71 z cars. The decal format, as seen above in Victor's picture, may have changed for later cars. I am still reseaching to see if there was any change for later cars, or if all years had the same decal format for US imported cars.

I will post any new info as soon as I know the particulars. If anyone is interested in any of the other three decals shown in my gallery, please PM me with any questions, and use this thread for inquiries.

Without your interest and support in projects like this, it would be impossible for me to do these decals for my car.

Thanks,

Dan

I am last in line right now----but I bet I won't be for long!!

This is great stuff---such a talented, enthusiastic group makes it all possible. :love:

I am interested in several of your decal offerings---for the MasterVac and others.

Thanks for taking this on!:classic:

Jim D.

"Zup" :bunny:

• 2 months later...

Well, I am making progress in reproducing this master vac decal. I just took a look at a first draft of the decal and have submitted minor changes. Victor, in post # 5, above, was kind enought to post two pictures. The larger bottom picture is the decal that I am doing. The upper, smaller picture, is of a decal which has a different format.

It would be very helpful if all who are interested in one of these decals, and even those who are not, give me some information on the decal if one is presently on your car.

In order to make these decals as authentic as possible, I would like to know what numbers, both black print and embossed are on your decals in the three spaces provided, along with the vin # of your car. This will help me associate the correct numbering with the vintage of the car. Also, tell me which of the two decals pictured in Victors post # 5 above is on your car.

If you could take the time to do this, it would be a great help. I had assumed that there was only one format for this decal, but if Victor is correct, the format may have changed in late '71 and on for series 2 cars.

You can either post that information here, or PM me.

Thanks, and I'll keep updating here with the progress.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Victor,

Thanks for posting the new pic. I am still doing research on which decal was for which vin#. Was this decal, above, just for the series 11 cars up through 73?

Any info you may in your files would be a big help. My decal for the early, 69 - 71 series 1 cars is nearing completion. Hoping for a good color match and looking for the best way to emboss the numbers at this point.

Once again, if anyone here would like to tell me what the numbers in the blank spaces on your decal are, along with the vin # of your car, it would be a great help to me in making this decal as accurate as possible for those interested in having one.

Thanks, and I'll post the finished product as soon as it becomes available.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...