IGNORED

Cross Drilled Rotors in Australia?

toecutter

Dba make a slotted and cross drilled for all of the Z's, although why you would want slotted and cross-drilled on stock calipers beats me, and then if you are going to race then slooted and drilled have a habit of exploding. either one by themselves is fine, but if you have both then the disc doesnt last long under hard applications.

here is the DBA catalogue http://www.dba.com.au/DBASTDseries_cat.pdf

and the relevant section is on pg 63 under "Nissan Z series"

Tom.

Thanks for the advice Tom. I did find the DBA catalogue soon after my post. My old discs are due to be changed and to be honest with you I thought the cross drilled models look good. Considering it's just a weekend driver and not a track car it would'nt concern me too much seeing it won't get pushed that hard, well maybe very occasionally.

Any idea on how much DBA charge for them???

Thnks

SUlio

hi

i priced slotted disc rotors for my 240z

$250.00 for the both sides

also i was quoted $100.00 for brake pads which are suppose to be

really good ,a couple of people have said the difference in pulling up,

you would have to change you braking point

the are a product called greenstuff

have not known anybody other than the two brake shops i was talking to about them

do not know if that is shop talk or the truth

robert

I run green stuff pads on my z, and my dad runs them on his TT Supra. IMHO i think they are an awesome pad. they stop hard from cold and can still handle a 5 lap thrash at the track. they ofcourse are going to wear faster than standard pads, but are still a very good allround choice of pad no matter the application. Although there are people around who would never DREAM of putting them on their cars. i have no idea why because from my experiance i have found them to be very good pads.

toecutter - i must agree the slotted and cross-drilled rotors do look very good behind a set of mags, and you really only have problems with them when you subject them to prolonged hard work, such as a race meet, or something longer than a few laps. as the DBA catalogue says, they are designed for the street, not the track, so they should be able to handle anything street driving can throw at them. well, to an extent anyways, because street racing can be pretty hard too, but thats probably why its illegal.

hi

the brand is dba slotted disc rotors

from a brake company at blacktown

he quoted me that price about three weeks ago

and it takes about a week to get them

i work for a motor dealer so he looks after me

and green stuff pads for $100.00

robert

Can't go wrong with Bendix pads, I use Ultimates because the car does some track work. They did have an excellent high performance street pad named Metal KIng Plus but I believe they have been replaced with another.