IGNORED

2300 mile road trip for $250.00 240 worth it?

er34gtt2000jp

You live in California, and you are ready to drive 2300 miles for a rusty damaged Z?=Will

Well its is a 2300 mile round trip, but as for the rust and damage I will have to wait and see.

At least this car is pretty complete from what I can tell and it has a title. Becieds I am going to take my wife and son to the Grand Canyon and buy some of those stupid little pens that have the floaty thingys in them.

It's only money right?

UPDATE -

Well I just got word that the damage in the front is only the lower center valence, grill is a little tweaked too. But the engine is complete.

No outwardly signs of rust, but the interior is shot. There is a hole in the windshield the size of a baseball. Not sure how much rain they get there but it is the desert. :paranoid:

I think the parts themselves will be worth the $750 or so the whole deal could cost me. I hope.

ER,

I almost feel responsible for what you're going through right now, since I was the one who started the "Two Zs in the Desert Going Cheap" thread. I think the car is a real bargain and from the 2 pics the seller provided, there only looks to be a little surface rust on the car. I would also say that since you are making a semi-vaction out of the trip and stopping by the Grand Canyon, it's worth the trip. However, just to be on the safe side, I would recommend that you contact members Red-Eye and RAZ1 who both live in the Albuquerque area to check out the car for you.

post-6600-14150796859099_thumb.jpg

post-6600-14150796859264_thumb.jpg

er34gtt2000jp, if you can get them to let me take a look at the car(s) I will look it over for you and report back it's actual condition. I'll know right away if the car is native to this area or a transplant from a rusty state. I can also look at the other cars and tell you which ones might be a better canidate if the original one doesn't work out. I can look at it any time this week. I have some freed up time since the latest issue of SZM is about to go out in the mail.

Let me know, I'd be more then happy to check this out so that you make the right decision.

PS: tomorrow is suppose to be 68 degrees, perfect weather for looking at Z's

Art

er34gtt2000jp,

Sorry, wasn't monitoring the list over the weekend. If you want me to take more detailed pictures, let me know. I'm gonna be out of town over the weekend, so can't help you load it. Why don't you set me up with the contact info, and I'll drop by and snap some shots...Robert

Will, the reason you didn't get to shake my hand was because the hand shaking line was very long that weekend and I finally just had to say enough is enough. But if I remember correctly you were next in line. Better luck next time. LOL

Hey guys!

Thanks for the offers to go out and look at the car for me.

Unfortunately the seller will not be available until Friday. I will be leaving California at 6AM Friday so it really does me no good.

If either one of you want to hook up Saturday morning when I go out to pick up the car, let me know. Maybe you can score some parts, I will be bringing my tools with.

Thanks again for the offers, I really appreciate it.

Eric

Parts! I have enough parts already that I'm going to start throwing some away because I have no more room to store them.

I'll meet up with you on Saturday morning just to see what these people have. You need to let me know where you are coming in from and where this place is that the car is stored and I'll pick a place that will be easy to meet at.