IGNORED

Road trip sighting what is it

onuthin

good call. I'm impressed!
I cheated. I can probably ID almost anything from the late '50s on, but for older cars like this, I consult my expert - my dad. Shoot him an e-mail with a couple pictures, wait 5 minutes, answer comes back. (And then verify via Google.) Piece of cake.

Actually, I was pretty sure the grill looked like an Alfa to me before I asked him, but the knock-offs threw me because they look so English. The pictures I linked show the more typical Italian knock-off. Either way, I couldn't have pinned the model down without some searching. Quicker to ask the old man.

Holy crap!

Looks like it has been covered in dust for a while... might get a new lease on life soon! I can't believe you saw this, just on a trailer being transported... not covered up or anything.

That's just BONKERS! Very famous car. "Disco Volante" literally means "Flying Saucer" in Italian. No prizes for guessing why it's called that!

After looking at the pictures some more, I've decided that the car sited is not a real Disco Volante. Compare to the pictures here and you'll see some differences. The headlight trim, the shape of the door and opening, trim and detail of the taillights, ect.

I suspect it's a fiberglass body on perhaps a right-hand drive MGA chassis. That would explain the English style wire wheels and knock-offs, as well.