IGNORED

Headlight Upgrade Harness's For Sale (again!)

Zs-ondabrain

• 5 months later...

It has been a few months since there were any posts to this thread... I was just wondering if anyone had found the connectors for the 280s? If not, then the only option is to get the required connectors from the j-yard and send them with payment?

That's one possibility. Here's another..........

This is to all 280Z owners who want a headlight upgrade harness. There are only 2 possibilties for you to get a harness from me. I don't like to build harness's for the 280Z because of the whole plug thing, or lack there of.

A) if you do NOT wish to cut into your existing harness to instal the 280Z headlight upgrade harness, you must find........

1) of the headlight pigtail plugs that normally come from the headlight to the stock harness

2) of the plugs that are attached to the stock harness. When you cut them from the stock harness. Try to get at least 3 inches of wire with each plug. Send the 3 plugs and a $125.00 money order to me. The info is in the begining of this thread.

B) If you don't mind cutting into your Stock harness to install my upgrade harness, then send me a $125 M.O. along with these measurements....

1) How many inches from the positive battery post down to the frame, then over to where you want the relay pack, following the frame?

2) How many inches from where the relay pack will be to the right headlight plug. Don't forget to give up some slack?

3) How many inches from where the relay pack will be to the Left headlight plug? Remember to follow the Stock wiring so you can use the existing wire clamps.

The upgrade harness will be made to your specifications so make sure you double check your measurements. The Harness will come with blue butt-connectors so that you can crimp my harness onto your existing wiring. I'll even include detailed instructions on what wires go where.

Let me know what you think,

Dave.

And here's one more thing to keep in mind.

If all of you 280Z owners who want the upgrade harness would get together you could do this........

If you order a raw upgrade harness to install in your 280Z and you're going to CUT your plugs off to do so... Send me the plugs so that somebody who does'nt want to cut theres can use YOUR PLUGS!!!!!!!

GREAT IDEA HUH?? I learned about sharing in grade school.

think about it,

Dave.

Yes, leds for the dash is opne of the projects I started, but a while back I came to the conclusion that if my car didn't come first, I was a more a vendor and not so much an enthusiast0not that you can't be both, but my car wasn't getting done for all of the projects. I will finish all of the projects, and make either my finding available, but only after my car is ready and in need of them-I really don't want to go to another Z show in a Volvo...

Will

I totally understand that one Will. That's one of the reasons I haven't been pushing the harness's too hard lately. I'm trying to make sure I have time for myself to have the car the way I want it for next years Z Nationals in Cali.

I've also been considering changing my dash light sockets to fit the wedge style bulbs because the options are a little more open when it comes to bulb variations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a quick update..

YES. I STILL MAKE THE

1) HEADLIGHT RELAY UPGRADE HARNESS'S. THEY ARE $125

2) PARKING LIGHT RELAY UPGRADE HARNESS'S. THEY ARE $37

3) 280ZX ALTERNATOR ADAPTOR PLUG. THEY ARE $15

4) COMBO AND TURN SIGNAL SWITCH REBUILD SERVICE. IT IS $40 ($5 INCREASE BECAUSE OF SHIPPING)

5) L.E.D. TAIL LIGHT CONVERSION. STILL $225

6) VERY SOON I WILL BE DOING ENGINE HARNESS REPAIR, SERVICE AND UPGRADES AS WELL AS BUILDING BRAND NEW ENGINGE HARNESS'S STARTING WITH THE EARLY 240Z'S. (NO SET PRICES YET.)

BUMP

Dave.

Dave,

I just dropped a money order in the mail for headlight & parking light relay upgrade. I'm going to try and catch some overtime so I can get the tail light L.E.D. conversion done soon. Thanks for offering a great solution at a very reasonable price!