IGNORED

Fiberglass bumpers

62vette

If I'm orienting the picture correctly, you should be able to fabricate some brackets that use those mounting points, yes.

They are located on the inside of the shocks at the point where they go through the bodywork.

For orientation you should rotate the image to the left. It is a picture of the shock/tow mount on the right side of the car (standing behind it).

They are located on the inside of the shocks at the point where they go through the bodywork.

For orientation you should rotate the image to the left. It is a picture of the shock/tow mount on the right side of the car (standing behind it).

That's what I thought. In that case, the mounting holes for the tow hooks are similar to the mounts for the early bumpers. You won't be able to use the factory brackets, but it should be easy to build something similar.

You can see the bumper mounts in the picture of my car in the link below:

http://home.comcast.net/~e21graymarket/240z/picframes/s30rear.html

Looking at the pictures on your site I notice that the indentations on the rear sides of the car stretch more to the wheel arch than the indentations on my car.

The rubber side pieces on my car are shorter than the metal side pieces of the earlier bumpers. Is this going to cause me problems when fitting earlier bumpers?

Looking at the pictures on your site I notice that the indentations on the rear sides of the car stretch more to the wheel arch than the indentations on my car.

The rubber side pieces on my car are shorter than the metal side pieces of the earlier bumpers. Is this going to cause me problems when fitting earlier bumpers?

I don't really know, since I only have experience with the early cars.

I know I've seen information on a website about replacing the late 260Z/280Z bumpers with the 240Z bumpers, but I can't remember where, maybe try a google search?

Thanks Ken, tried that one as well. Came across this thread: http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=629325&t=619865#reply_629325

Is this the article you mentioned in your post?