IGNORED

Fiberglass bumpers

62vette

That is considered a 74.5 or late production date. The late/74.5 260Z is very similar to the 75 280Z...larger bumpers, lights in the grille,etc. . The early production date is very similar to the 73 240Z... smaller bumpers, turn lights below the bumper etc. .

The 1750 and 1751 bumper kit you have is designed to be used with the earlier model Z's 70-(early)74.

The catolog lists: 50-1750 Front 70 - early 74 and 50-1751 Rear 70 - early 74

The problem you have is that the kit was designed for the early models with the smaller bumpers, turn lights in the lower valance and rear sheet metal differences.

Bottom line... it's not impossible but you are facing quite a bit of additional work and parts for it to work. :disappoin

Hmm, all bets are off for cars originally delivered in Europe. I don't know for sure, but I was under the impression that Europe (along with the UK, Oz and Japan) never got the later 280Z body. They did have the signals in the grill, but other than that I think they had the earlier shell.

On the other hand, if it was originally a US car that was imported later, the above post is correct, and the same issues apply to the 240Z bumpers as well.

So european or 240Z bracktes will not work as a bolt on mounting.

They could in conjunction with some additional custom fabrication. If I am not mistaken you will have to weld in threaded plates to the back of the valance and lower side fender for the rear brackets to work.

The front is going to require the entire lower valance with turn signal lights etc. beyond that I am not that familiar with the later larger bumper versions.

I would have to look at it closer.

Arne... you were doing pretty good. Perhaps, you can help him further.

Like...I said earlier... it is not impossible. It is going to require fabrication and additional parts from an earlier model for it to work.

Post some pics of the front and rear.

Arne... you were doing pretty good. Perhaps, you can help him further.
I'd love to, but at this point we have reached the limits of my knowledge on this. Anything I could offer from here would be pure speculation on my part, so I'd rather wait and hope that someone who has done this weighs in instead.

I do think that the front can be installed without changing the valance and turn signals, however. At least, I'm certain that I have seen cars with the small bumpers on them with the later valances.

I'd love to, but at this point we have reached the limits of my knowledge on this. Anything I could offer from here would be pure speculation on my part, so I'd rather wait and hope that someone who has done this weighs in instead.

I do think that the front can be installed without changing the valance and turn signals, however. At least, I'm certain that I have seen cars with the small bumpers on them with the later valances.

I am with you there. Also, I believe your correct about not needing the front valance. He would just need the tun signals.