IGNORED

Nismo Festival 2005

HS30-H

I realize this is a bit nosey, and if you do not feel comfortable with a response statement on an internet board I completely understand.

My curiosity has gotten the best of me, but could you tell us about your job? I know everyone else on here is wondering the same thing

Not everyone.....

I realize this is a bit nosey, and if you do not feel comfortable with a response statement on an internet board I completely understand.

My curiosity has gotten the best of me, but could you tell us about your job? I know everyone else on here is wondering the same thing

Are they? :paranoid:

I hope nobody is imagining that I have some kind of interesting or glamorous profession. In fact I'm just a glorified freelance gopher. I used to be more specifically involved in the textile industry, but these days I'll do anything - including antique sourcing for Japanese retail companies and location coordination for magazines. I've also had an association with a particular Japanese car magazine since they started 5 years ago, and help to arrange things for them here in the UK whenever needed - with a little bit of written reporting occasionally. I have also been doing a little bit of freelance buying and selling of car parts ( both ways between the UK and Japan ) over the last 15 years or so - which tends to be more of a vocation than a living.

In the two NP35 pit garages at the Nismo Festival I was chief wheelwrench holder and snow scraper. :)

Hope that satisfies your curiosity.....?

Cheers,

Alan T.

Thanks for the wonderful pics Alan,

-e

Cheers Eric.

I thought I might see you there, actually. Did it not work out?

To be honest, it would have been an awful waste of time, money and effort to go there just for the few hours before the snow came on Sunday. I don't know if Nismo can bring the event a little forward in the year in future due to everybody's race commitments, but early to mid-November would be a good bet weather-wise I'd say.

In other words - maybe missing the 2005 event wasn't such a big miss after all?

Alan,

Great pictures of great cars!!! Sure, keep on telling us it was hard work!!!LOL LOL

Thanks Guus.

Actually, something connected to Holland that might interest you was taking place over the weekend.......

When we were going into the circuit on Saturday, we saw a small crew of foreign guys with bags, cameras etc. Sure enough they turned out to be journalists, and one of the NISMO staff told me that they were from a Dutch classic car magazine. They were being shown around by one of the guys who is part of Nismo's new European operation, and during the time they were working behind our two pit garages they were covering some of the cars owned by the GTROC ( GTR Owners Club ). The GTROC had a big turnout of C10 and C110 models in attendance, and the Dutch journalists were taken for a few rides round the circuit in PGC10, KPGC10 and KPGC110 models - using a people-carrier type vehicle as a camera platform.

Maybe they will make a really good magazine article out of it, with good pictures? Something for you to look out for.............

I have no idea of the name of the publication though.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Alan, I saw pictures of this event on another website and wondered if you might - by pure coincidence - have been there on business. Thankyou so much for the pictures. Like everyone else has already said, they are just gorgeous and give us all something to plan towards. Is this one of the year's best events would you say?

Also, just fantastic to see Dr. Shimizu's car on track. Did the car have no problems? I haven't seen your gallery yet, but I'll be sure to check it out when I get time.

P.S. Those look like Watanabes on the Doctor's C10....... ?

Is this one of the year's best events would you say?

Hi Lachlan,

I think it is hard to pick out one single event and call it the 'best'. It very much depends on what you expect / want to see........

In terms of classic-only interest events - the NISMO Festival is way down on the list. However, there usually is a lot of 'classic' related stuff to see and possibly more classic Nissans in the spectator car park than you will find at many classic-only events. The big point for me about the Nismo Festival is that there is a LOT going on. Almost too much for one day really.

I'd say that 'we' would want to take in several Japanese events through the year, and take something different from each one. Does that make sense?

Also, just fantastic to see Dr. Shimizu's car on track. Did the car have no problems? I haven't seen your gallery yet, but I'll be sure to check it out when I get time.

P.S. Those look like Watanabes on the Doctor's C10....... ?

The car didn't miss a beat over the two days. It was very well behaved, which is a good result considering how many super-rare original Sports Option parts it has on it. Testament to Matsui san's preparation I'd say.

Yes - they are magnesium 'R' types. 15 inchers for the Dunlop slicks ( Saturday practice and Sunday morning ) and 14 inchers for the Dunlop wets ( Sunday afternoon snow ). At least one set of these belong to the car now, but I'm not sure which!

The low profile of the wets on the 14 inchers made it look very strange indeed, but tyre choice is quite limited..........

The 15 inch 'Southern Ways' mesh wheels stayed at home thankfully ( if that's what you mean? ). :cheeky:

I'd say that 'we' would want to take in several Japanese events through the year, and take something different from each one. Does that make sense?

Yes it makes perfect sense. My friend is in Japan at the moment teaching (he was at the Nismo Festival too) and he raves about the huge number of events going on throughout the year. He goes to a different one almost weekly... He's more interested in newer stuff but still takes pictures of the classics too.

The 15 inch 'Southern Ways' mesh wheels stayed at home thankfully ( if that's what you mean? ). :cheeky:

:D :paranoid: