IGNORED

Z - 35 Years of Nissan's Sports Car

bpilati

After doing all the research and building a replica of the car, I can say a lot of work went into the design and development of the BRE race cars. Quite a bit of the work that was done was not included in the magazine, as the car was still being raced competitively at the time that the magazine was printed.

After doing all the research and building a replica of the car, I can say a lot of work went into the design and development of the BRE race cars. Quite a bit of the work that was done was not included in the magazine, as the car was still being raced competitively at the time that the magazine was printed.
I'd buy the book. Ron how about writing one on the BRE 240Z?

I got an error using the link. I was able to find it on your site and get it to work.

Not my site, its TexasZ's site. Works for me. Its not a link to the pdf itself, but a link to a folder on his site which contains the article.

I didnt link directly to the pdf, because I hate it when pdf's start loading in your browser. At least this way you have the option to load in browser or "save as"

Lots of great stuff there. Including the whole Wangan Midnight movie. (no subtitles though :( )

Yeah, you know I am not sure I am qualified...Ron Johnson, or Carl Beck might be a better author. Would I collaborate if they asked, of course...

There are so many discrepancies, opinions, and differences between the members of the BRE race team that it would be very difficult on getting the story right...There are still disagreements about what happened to the original #46 Z.

There is the Stainless Steel Carrot, written by Silva Wilkinson that paints one picture of the BRE race team when they raced 510’s.

What I find very interesting, is over time I have had most of the BRE race team look at or drive my car. Each one of them has looked closest at the parts they were involved with. John Caldwell really looked over the motor and mentioned some of the little tricks that they did to get longevity out of the motor , Pete Brock, examined the whole car, but commented primarily how it looked. John, spoke of how it drove, and some of the details of the cockpit, and showed me a few suspension modifications that they used in 1970. Floyd Link looked at the motor and asked about drivetrain. Trevor Harris was thrilled to see the car (or a representation of the car) and asked about the suspension set up.

It would be great to get these guys together at the National Z convention in 07.

Anyone recall that the first time Ford asked Carrol Shelby to make a special edition racing Mustang Carrol responded by calling the Mustang a secretary's car. Shelby even admits that the Cobra which made him famous had a horrible chassis. He said that whenever the competition got close they put on larger tires and a bigger engine. If this was already mentioned, I am sorry, I am not patient enough to read 10 pages.