IGNORED

New User

Datstan

Hi khughes, I'll be sure to post some pictures on the site when I get back from summer break.....left them on the other computer grrrr. Using the standard rb20det gearbox which slotted straight into the original position. (we put the L26 gearbox beside the rb one and they were almost identical in length and shape). had to modify the standard engine mounts slightly as we needed a bit of room for bonnet clearance, so we dropped 1 side down about 5cm I think. Looking from the front it is tilted slightly clockwise. I have also just modified the inlet plenum to frontmount the throttle body which should give me a bit more room as overhead piping has been reduced.

thanks Jeremy,

how are you planning to do the fuel hose upgrade? are you increasing the size of the lines? i have been pondering how best to do this, i can't imagine that it would be easy to get new solid lines fitted as the car can't move anywhere at the moment, but obviously the standard lines won't be able to cope.

how are you handling the ignition key issue? (When the key is in start position, it cuts the ON power)

would love to get a hold of any detailed pictures you may have (i am sure we all would!)

Yea I will be replacing with 2 new fuel lines and a breather into the boot too. Its pretty easy to work out the approx length from the old ones then bend it into place yourself. (will just be getting the fittings made up once in).

Not too sure on the ignition issue, what is this? My auto electric mate was going to do all that work for me, as I have hooked up the new RB loom with the ecu and plugged most of it in. Hw will just have to splice in the existing ignition L24 one