IGNORED

z bodies

speedstar

If the yellow turn signal lamps are on the corners below the bumper, same as a 240Z, then you have an early 74. If the turn signal lamps are up in the radiator opening like a 280Z's, you have a late 74.
This is the simplest way. If the front turn signals are below the bumper, it is the 240Z body. If the turn signals are in the grill, it is the 280Z body.

And I'm curious why this matters? Do you just want to know or are you trying to locate a specific part for you car, or what?

I do know that the MANY differences of the early (first gen) Z cars have been discussed over and over again on this and many other sites. It's a very long list of differences...even just between different years of the same model such as the series I and series II 240Z as mentioned above. Whew! My head is starting to spin thinking of all the possible differences again...

just wanted to know what i had, plus some aftermaket body parts i.e spoilers , sideskirts, front airdams, so on and so forth require you to purchase a specific one either early or latemodel bodystyles. on some of these there seems to be a definate difference between early and late 74's and i want to get the right parts. plus i think weight is differnt between the 2 body types also, and even the demensions are differnt.

Hey there Donavan,

We solved this problem a long time ago when I asked the same question.

My "Precious" is a 8/74 260Z. The front indicators are below the bumper.

She has the shorter rails. She's the last of the 240 bodies mate.

You're welcome to check out my gallery. (Bear in mind that we drive on the RIGHT side mate, the negatives were not reversed).

Rick.

:devious: :devious: