IGNORED

Evel Knievel's 1971 240Z

Go240Zags

Tried posting this under eBay ads, but it ketp saying it was my ad. Think this car has been on eBay before. There's a 240Z (EDIT: a "Z") in there somewhere!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Authentic-Evel-Knievel-1971-Nissan-Datsun-240Z-Car_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6737QQitemZ4587522871QQrdZ1

Item number: 4587522871

Looks like there might be some rust starting around the breather badge...but it also looks like they filled in the breather.

Looks like a 260/280 rear end. The car's neat, having been owned by Evel. It's more a piece of his history than Z history, so it'll most likely just go to another collector of Evel stuff rather than a Z head.

Still, neat to look at.

ya, i'm pretty sure that it is not a 71 as stated, considering the rear panel, bumper, and even the lic plate. the ca # on my late '72 is 512 XXX and the evel car is 702 XXX. ca lic plates go in numerical order (somewhat); but that's not to say that the car wasn't re-registered at some point in time. anyway, just a thought.....

Yes, as stated I doubt that it's a 240Z based upon the tail lights alone. I did ask the seller for the VIN and will post here if I get a reply.

Even has the ol' Pantera hatch conversion!

Tis true, this has been up on eBay a few times before and NEVER sells for some strange reason! :ermm:LOL

To me, the fact that this car once belonged to Evil Knievel doesn't make it more valuable. Some might disagree. He doesn't own it now he's not the one selling it and who knows what kind of shape it's really in at this point. It's just another (ugly IMO) hybrid. This car just keeps showing up in eBay with a ridiculously high reserve and never sells. At least the present owner is presistent. A Corvette once owned by Johnny Carson sold on the Barrett-Jackson auction for $11.5K.

I'm speachless. At first I thought it looked like a Corvette from the front. Now, I don't know if it really was a "Z", or a fiberglass body on a Fiero chassis. LOL I know that Fieros have the engine in the back, but anything is possable with that ugly looking body kit. :sick: Retch!