Custom Taillight panel? - Hybrid & Aftermarket - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Custom Taillight panel?

Featured Replies

does anyone know where, or who may make a taillight panel that you can use the round style lights????

You, in your shed. If you are handy at that sort of thing.

Otherwise, its not the sort of thing you can just buy in a store.

  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Man. that is some awesome job you're doing on that '76. I've never seen a restoration/modification that complete. Is Greg independantly wealthy, or one of the owners?? Either way, is he looking to adopt?? LOL

  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Thought I'd post a pic of the finished tail lamps and rear panel .

more pics are at links below signature.

[ATTACH]27702[/ATTACH]

Larry

www.picasaweb.google.com/wgmauto

www.wgmauto.com

All I can say is wow. The restoration and the modifications is incredible. I am afraid to know how much it cost. But well worth the money. What I will ask is how long did it take to do the restomod?

I'll be doing something similar on the 260Z. I have a metal shop cutting a panel for me per my specs and the posterboard pattern I gave them, Supposedly I'll have it this week end. It'll be flush mounted, Not inset like all the others you always see. Those are easy, I'm going the hard route for the best all-around look. The Stock 260Z taillights will, and have been UPGRADED to LED but a little different then you're used to seeing from me.

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=703536

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf?video=85843c92-cde2-4697-b31d-9c72001a9cc7" width="428" height="352" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

The right red turn signal is now the upper left side brake light and the left red turn signal is now the right side upper brake light. The turn signals have now been replaced with KlearZ clear taillights. I divided the LED plate into 3 parts and gave them a sort of "Pointing" shape.

The license will be inset like stock but a small area. The reverse lights are not decided on yet. I'm thinking a lower placed strip light or 2 small brite white lights placed low in the lower panel. not real sure yet. Can't wait to finish this damn thing!!!!

Picture #3 shows the lenses that WILL be used, the other red lenses in the 1st and 2nd will Not be used. I changed my mind later and stuck woth the NON-reflector lens.

Dave

post-4921-14150808072728_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808073597_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1415080807448_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808074915_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150808075432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.