IGNORED

Open Door when the Z is on a Jack?

Zrush

While perusing a few other Z sites, every once in a while I'll see a Z on a jack with a door or both doors open. I've always been under the impression that's not a good idea with a unibody car. Whether using the standard issue Datsun jack or even a regular floor jack.

True, False

Vicky

Ramps and lifts are different, all 4 wheels are still on a solid surface. For example when you've got the Z up on a Datsun jack to change a tire or something. Better explained maybe would be when only 3 wheels are on the ground, even just 2. Seems there would be a little stress on the body.

Vicky

Hi Zrush!

Having the car supported equally on jack stands and jacking it up on one side are two different things. It is not such a great idea to open the door on the jacked side during the operation. It's not a big deal, but yea, the car is stressed unequally and keeping the dorr closed helps. Try it. You'll notice the door doesn't open or close as well.

CW-

Hi Zrush!

Having the car supported equally on jack stands and jacking it up on one side are two different things. It is not such a great idea to open the door on the jacked side during the operation. It's not a big deal, but yea, the car is stressed unequally and keeping the dorr closed helps. Try it. You'll notice the door doesn't open or close as well.

CW-

I have noticed the same thing, the door didn't want to close easily. I haven't put the doors on since that, I'm guessing that they'll be fine.