Going Albino - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Going Albino

Featured Replies

I've decided to go with white interior on my white 72 Z. I'm thinking white everything.... even the dash and console.... whiteface guages....carpet may be grey... total albino. I'll keep my black 240Z decal. This car will not be a daily driver and won't see rain here in AZ. I have western wheels - like centerlines but with holes in them. See if I can get a personal plate ALBINOZ. Whadya think?

You stock purists (of which I am one) chill... my 70 will be bone stock.

White is nice when new but never seems to stay that way, IMO... If you like to clean clean clean all the time it would be nice, but trying to clean a white dash with that textured surface :( Not to be negative but, think of... shoe marks on the trans tunnel, dirty armrests, anywhere you touch and leave skin oils dirt collects and on and on, back to clean clean clean....

But as they say, whatever floats your boat :)

Don't forget the white-wall tires! :D

Vicky

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just a thought on driveability...a white dash will be VERY bright with the AZ sun reflecting off of it...and right there in your line of sight while trying to drive...could be a bit dangerous.

Just something to consider.

  • Author

I'll wear my shades... not too worried about dirt, there's no mud in the desert. This car will always be clean - a weekend warrior always garaged. Whitewalls...hmmm

I'll wear my shades... not too worried about dirt, there's no mud in the desert. This car will always be clean - a weekend warrior always garaged. Whitewalls...hmmm

Maybe no mud in the desert but PLENTY of dust! LOL

The picture in my mind this car is creating looks really sly, almost as it belongs in a movie or something. I think it should make a one of a kind car. Stick to getting what you want, and nothing else, you'll be ultimately satisfied

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Got my white diamond vinyl from Les at CDM... very nice. I had him keep a piece so he can match the headliner and parking brake boot. Seat covers next month. We'll see about door skins and window trim pieces after that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.