IGNORED

New Poll of the month!

hls30.com

What color should a Classic Z Car be?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. What color should a Classic Z Car be?

When all's said and done, the best colour for a Zed is that which the owner chooses. You left that off the list

agemeansnothing,

Young Ian,

I decided to retain the original colour of my car so contacted the local Nissan dealer. They asked me to provide the original engine number and body number and came back to me with the paint code. (312 from memory).

The bloke who painted "Precious" for me tried very hard to convince me to paint it in Harlequin. He explained that most cars have too many flat sections in the bodywork for that kind of paint job while the Zed, with bodywork that's ALL curves, is ideal and shows off the Harlequin to it's best advantage. However, at $1,000.oo a litre and needing only about half a litre to do the job, I settled for a top coat of gold pearl.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

• 2 weeks later...

My brother (bless his soul :cry: ) had his car in a gun metal black... that looked green at one angle, black straight up, and grey at the opposite. Its the same color of the GMC Delani Metallic Black... very expensive. We worked so hard to get that thing as straight as possible!

My older brother is re-restoring that Z, kind of a memorial to our younger bro.

Man that car was sweet... :)