IGNORED

GTX coupe tail lights and rear panel for sale

g72s20

Is this the vertical seal that goes between the front and back side windows? In that case, I'd love to grab a pair too, as mine are both FUBARED.

Put me down for a pair (make it 2 if you can spare them. Again - you can never have too many spares :nervous:

Fellas, bad news, but even BETTER news!

I believe it's the birth of a new trade secret (not for long now!!), so listen in closely fellow K'sters....

The car with the seals has been removed but never fear I have improvised, and let me tell you, I'm a bloody legend :cheeky:

I have just produced another so called "classic car fix" phrase. There is another model car with exactly the same rubber seal as the 240K coupe, well apart from length it is the same stuff, just trim the top off the seal and slide in as per usual.

I've removed 4 sets from Mitsubishi Scorpions (you know, the mid 80's model 2 door Sigma). Went home, trimmed an inch off the top, sprayed some lube in the grooves, nice and clean, then slid her in! There is also some Scorpions with the same solid unit seal like I'd seen previously. I've taken a couple of these and I imagine this would also work on the K's, haven't tried it yet.

It is a dead set, 100% replica if not the same, even sealing the window is excellent. As these cars are only 20 yrs old (as opposed to 30+), the rubber (on the ones I removed) were excellent, no rips, cracks, or hardness.

I'm very happy with the authentic look of it, I wouldn't have thought another car had such a similar design. Aah, it was destiny! LOL

So go away to the wrecking yards boys and girls, hunt some down and remove carefully (be sure to bring some oil type spray). I've got mine to do me another 20 years but I'll hunt some more down just to be sure.

Cheers fellas... :bandit:

Hey James,

Yep, I got the lights & panels, just trying to get then down to Frankston. I am in Sydney for work and have been since March. Hopefully will be back at the end of Oct05. I have a little factory in Seaford where I have 2 coupes parked.

When I get back it would be sweet to chat up, I have another friend with a completed coupe project that would probably be keen to meet as well. I hear he has just bought a Zed too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I would like to post a special thanks to Mike (NZeder) and Michael (Kyteler) for the positively generous actions of both over the last week.

I recently bought the above mentioned GT Tail Lights from the ebay (The Dodgie Mario) and have been busily trying to contact Mario to arrange payment and pickup. Well last Friday I finally got him - to which he informed me that he had already sold them. And for that matter, for more then I had won them on ebay. WTF !

After a bit of "slouth" work it turns out Mario had sold them to a fella from NZ, who in turn had bought them for another mate in NZ: Mike and Michael respectively. (It isn't such a big world hey ! )

After contacting Mike and explaining the situation, he contacted Michael. Well to my great surprise, both agreed to let me have them. And well, can I say guys, Thank You Very, Very, Much. That's Great. I was so happy to get them, completely frustrated to loose them, and now estatic to have them back. Rest assured they are going to a very good home.

I'm off now to post/dump some very, very poor feedback on a particular ebay member.

I guess the're two morals to this:

(1) If you get something off ebay, act fast.

(2) Z/K Club members are a higher breed then most.

Cheers Mike & Michael, many thanks.

Bruce.

It's all good Bruce, I must say I was a bit disturbed when he left the auction running and then even more so when you won it, but being the lights had already been picked up, I was hoping perhaps there was another set that he had.

It's unfortunate for me, that's for certain but I was happy in the knowledge that they would be going to a good home. Had you not been a member on here I must say that I wouldn't have given them up anywhere near as easily.

I would also like to take the time to thank Mike for his efforts and his more than generous offer to get them for me, before this all turned a bit topsy turvey.

I expect to see lots of pictures though Bruce! :D

Not a problem - pleased it was all sorted out in the end as Bruce and Michael know I don't own a 240K so just pleased to see them go to a good home (still can't believe Mario did what he did). Having seen your cars Bruce (currently in Melbourne on Business) wow they are some finds the Yellow one is mint and the blue is just as good (apart from the SS bits missing on the front). I bet you can't wait until you are finished in Sydney and get back to VIC to work on them and get out on that bike of yours also.

Just a question for the 240K boys - all the SS on the front and rears of these cars I assume this stuff always get damaged ie shopping trolley etc so I guess this stuff is hard to get these days.

Yep, indeed the chrome trim you are speaking of, NZeder, almost always has a ding in it of some proportion. I have yet to see a K with ding-less chrome trim on either the front or the rear - i guess NOS is the only answer if 100% straight trim is what youre after. Could damaged trim be repaired....???