How would you paint your car if? - Page 3 - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How would you paint your car if?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ha ha, so we've gone from "full custom paint" to "white"?!

Kind of goes against the "If you could do anything..." theme of this thread.

.

Well there is white and then there is white with a dusting of multi colored metal flake and twin black racing stripes down the center, with say a light dusting of blue metallic over the top of them. And for a touch on the sides ghost in the old dealer installed 240Z stripes in chameleon metal flake… See white isn’t so far from the start :) Something like that could add some sparkle to your life :)

I think I was thinking too hard on having to mask up a job to come up with something different... Maybe I just need to sit back and think more about the options that the new paints offer....

...was that car at a "gullwing door" convention or something? Every car in the background seemed to have swing-up doors...

Lambo door... lambo door... Gullwing would be like a Delorean :P

Anyway, I think that just going with a basic white is a fine idea. Having a car that attracts attention is a mixed blessing... you get the general public watching your car as you go by... and you get highway patrol 'watching' your car as you go by... The more your car stands out, the more likely you are to get pulled over, that's the way I look at it.

Hey there Matt,

The first time I took "Precious" out for a run after moving down here at the beach, I spotted one of the local cop's cars coming towards me. I could clearly see the two cops leaning forward, peering through the windscreen at the unfamiliar sports car coming towards them. As we passed, I gave them a friendly wave and, believe it or not, they both sat back, waved and even smiled as we passed. They probably thought, "Silly old fart's in his second childhood", but they'd be wrong. I'm not out of my first childhood yet. ROFL

Rick.

:devious:

Lance i know you said you don't want to copy anything but what about an old S30 race car colour scheme obviously BRE has been done to death but I'm sure there's others :).

In terms of custom paint jobs I like old school race stripes myself. There's the classic Viper/Daytona coupe look. However you can mix it up a bit I myself have been thinking of a nice RED with the 240z vinyl stripes on the side and a nice white line to one side down the middle of the car. Complete with fairlady flares and JDM fender mirrors the BRE/432r rear wing and some 16" Watanabe's now I'm going on a rant but its been the theme cooking in my brain for the past 6 months :)

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Found this in one of those japanese galleries linked in another thread. Been done before but sure stands out!

michael

054591.jpg

Ohh yeah..... Chrome 240z I said it before somewhere that I'd like to see a chrome like finishe on a 240z. Would blind all the other drivers though.

... and you get highway patrol 'watching' your car as you go by... The more your car stands out, the more likely you are to get pulled over, that's the way I look at it.

That's why I find this Z's color scheme a very attractive choice for it's stealth look. It's low key and the BRE style hood/fender stripes give it character. If the interior were black it would be even more low key.

Now, if I could find someone to paint my Z to look like asphalt... LOL

post-2803-14150795631481_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.