IGNORED

What do you think of this look?

bemmerguy714

I just bought an airdam from MSA and a rear wing, It's going to the paint shop this weekend. What do you guys think? Also, i'm curious if anyone else has this same airdam on there car? The only way to mount it are these two plastic peices on the very top of the air dam. No exactly in a hurry to mount $350.00 by two plastic peices. How did you support your airdam from the bottom? I'm worried that at high speeds if not supported it mmight snap and i'll run it over. :(

z.JPG

What it currently looks like in front

z2.JPG

What it currently looks like in back

z3.JPG

What it will look like

z4.JPG

The spoiler

z5.JPG

What it will look like in the back

The airdam is not my style, but the decklid spoiler looks awesome. It has a very classic look. I hope to get that spoiler for my car some time too. What color are you going to paint the decklid spoiler?

-Ben

I'm going to make the whole car the same dark factory blue again. Why dont you like the front?

Matt, I really like the look of the stock front fascia as I think it looks aggressive as it is. I was asking about the spoiler because I have seen them painted both the color of the car and dark grey. I really like the look of the dark grey one as it makes the spoiler stand out and it has a nice contrast that looks very Japanese or European. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress. Blue Z's rock!!!

-Ben

Hrm... I dunno...

The airdam seems... allright... It looks sort of rice-ish IMO.

I think probably part of the reason that it seems like it's conflicting with the original styling of the car is just because of the texture and color differences between the car itself, and the body piece in your picture.

Once you get the whole thing painted I'm sure it's gonna look pretty good.

I think what matters most is if you personally like the way it looks.

That front spoiler would be great to feed air to an intercooler and it should be very effective aerodynamically. I'm making one somewhat similar, when its done the area above the bumper may be blocked off.

What may make it look semi-rice is if lights are fitted in the two roundish holes :) But its all about taste and that varies so if you like it good for you.

Well, ... since you asked,

I think it gives the front end a "too heavy" look, making the side view of the car seem seem out of proportion by adding extra length on the front of the car, which could only be alleviated by adding a little to the rear as well. If you're going to customise the looks of the car, go all the way mate.

However, as has already been said, it doesn't really matter WHAT I think, ... as long as YOU like it, that's all that matters. After all, it's your money.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

You should fit a brace or two between the bottom of the opening of the spoiler and the lower radiator support, and Ideally use some flashiing to seal the opening to the radiator support as well. This will make great difference in cooling, and a more noticeable difference in handling, at speed. Just hanging the airdam in there whill help the handling only slightly, and is more for appearance than performance as the moved air flows right back behind the airdam.

I mounted the airdam on my '73, then came back and used nutrivets and cardboard to make patterns for the flashing to turn the area between the airdam and the core support into a plenium. Make sure you plan in a lowest spot in the middle of the lowest piece of flashing to drill a 3/8" hole (Where it won't drip on steel) in or else you willl have water pooling at the base of the radiator support(depending on your airdam). Paint the flashing black to make it less noticeable, or leave it silver to show off your work!

Will

That's MSA new air dam, right? I think it looks kind of "thick" but I bet once your car is all done and painted blue it will look great. For a heavily modded Z those types of air dams look fine IMO. Me, I like the little front spook and that type of spoiler you have. It's just the right amount of candy on a Z car.

As others here have said build your car to impress yourself.

Vicky

Just for the discussion , I agree with 260DET , ZRUSH and 1BRAVO6 . Any modification to the style of the car is a personal thing . If you are striving for function over looks , this is one thing . Style over function is the other. There is middle ground , but if it isn't to your likeing , go with your own ideas. The blunt rounded look is not to my taste at all. This is the main reason I dislike the look of the 350Z . I am not a fan of the 300ZXs either for the same reason , plus they look vary simular to so many other cars on the road . Bottom line is , if you like the looks of the air dam and spoiler , by all means do them . If you dont you will be sorry later . Gary