IGNORED

One for the purists!

Gav240z

Man, I was going to say that the mods were done with great execution.

But after the previous comments I'm afraid mine might be the only execution.

Well, aside from the wheels, decals on the sides, tail lights, and that little rear valance, its not that bad.

I'll have to chime in and agree with you two. I personally think the guy did a pretty good job of it.

While I can understand the general dislike for this car exhibited by most of the posts, I also fail to see why it is so abhorrent to the rest of you.

It's different, not necessarily what I would do, but I would much rather see this done to it than see it in a junkyard.

Like the comment I made years ago regarding modifications, this definitely ain't no Tyson in a miniskirt, but it's no Caroline Cossey (Tula) either.

Enrique

Well, aside from the wheels, decals on the sides, tail lights, and that little rear valance, its not that bad.

Yes, and aside from the hair, heavy eye & face make-up, the lack of a nose, and wearing pajamas to court, Michael Jackson is a normal person. LOL

I'll have to chime in and agree with you two. I personally think the guy did a pretty good job of it.

While I can understand the general dislike for this car exhibited by most of the posts, I also fail to see why it is so abhorrent to the rest of you.

It's different, not necessarily what I would do, but I would much rather see this done to it than see it in a junkyard.

It' simple, FOR ME the car looks ridiculous with the cutout in the hood. The entire rear of the car has been altered with the wing and boxy lower valance that detract from the smooth flowing lines inherant to the 240Z design. It's like grafting a turd onto a rose bud. No sense of style. The use of the plain-jane round tail lights just caps off a really poor sense of style.

Now with that said, I could live with the wheels, the paint looks nice although the gas door appears to be a darker "colour" (that's for you Aussies)than the rest of the car in every picture. I don't mind the V8 but it should have been mounted lower, or a shorter inlet manifold used so the hood didn't need to be butchered to allow the chrome sticking out of it.

Yes, and aside from the hair, heavy eye & face make-up, the lack of a nose, and wearing pajamas to court, Michael Jackson is a normal person. LOL

Hoo Boy, you're not going to open up that can of worms are you?

Amongst a group of fanatical car enthusiasts who trounce on posts such as this with the vengeance of ant-stompers at a picnic that accepts the likes of you and I?????

I'll accept that I can only speak for myself, but as Groucho Marx said "I wouldn't want to be a member of one that would accept me." (I know it's messed up, post the correction, and QYB).

A) It' simple, FOR ME the car looks ridiculous with the cutout in the hood.

B) The entire rear of the car has been altered with the wing and boxy lower valance that detract from the smooth flowing lines inherant to the 240Z design. It's like grafting a turd onto a rose bud. No sense of style. The use of the plain-jane round tail lights just caps off a really poor sense of style.

To save time and bandwith, I couldn't agree with you more.

Now with that said, I could live with the wheels, the paint looks nice although the gas door appears to be a darker "colour" (that's for you Aussies)than the rest of the car in every picture. I don't mind the V8

Yup, ditto. Saw the gas door and it's a perfect example of why metallics, candies, pearls, and other translucent style paints need to be painted mounted together and not on the shop table. I don't mind the V8 either, kinda fits the overall design. Don't know enough about engines to discuss them further.

Enrique

Hoo Boy, you're not going to open up that can of worms are you?

Amongst a group of fanatical car enthusiasts who trounce on posts such as this with the vengeance of ant-stompers at a picnic that accepts the likes of you and I?????

I'll accept that I can only speak for myself, but as Groucho Marx said "I wouldn't want to be a member of one that would accept me." (I know it's messed up, post the correction, and QYB).

I've been stomped before.......it tickles :)

I know of the quote that you refer to, but don't know the exact words either. Doesn't matter.

The point of the comment was "How messed up does something have to be to be considered a mistake?" The square boxy lines at the back of the car do not look like they belong on the smooth, flowing, rounded design of the rest of the car.

Modify all you (he) likes but, have some recognition of what you are modifying and what works with the design of the rest of the car.

EDIT: I don't know much about V8 Z's either, but I saw 20 or 30 of them at the HybridZ Rio Vista meet last year, and I saw a wide variety of V8 engines mounts in many ways, and I don't remember one of them needing the hood punched.

TTFN - That's all folks!

Since I started this thread I think i should tell you how I feel about it. I don't want the owner thinking i just posted here to be flamed with bad comments.

First the good points about the car.

Paint looks good obviously not a perfect job but the red works well.

The wheels are not too bad I don't know if they are my favorite but they work ok.

I can live with the front spoiler seen it on some Z's before it's again not my favorite but i don't mind it.

Good to see both bumpers still on the car.

Rear view mirrors are good think original ones too.

Dislikes.

It's a 240z and not a 260z i believe with the rarity of a 240z in Australia you should do these kind of things to a 260z but hey that's up for debate.

Big tacho looks way out of place.

Rear lights could work but needs more recessing and more style rear panel is too flat. I've seen some rear light conversions before and this is actually one of the better ones. If it had more of a stock rear panel with an indentation like stock and there was some more smoothing around the rear lights individually so it's not like they were just stuck on it would be heaps nicer. It doesn't look easily reversible.

The rear wing speaks for itself i think, not my cup of tea i think the little 432 rear wing would look so much nicer.

The badge work is a bit of confusion between chevy and "NEW" Nissan personally don't like that.

Wouldn't mind the blower out the bonnet but it's kinda the wrong style again more work on smoothing it in.

I don't like the rear side skirt either but hey that's probably about it.

So i don't hate it I've seen way way way more tacky things done to a Z but I must say I'd change a few if I bought it.

Not being critical of your post Gavin, but it's not even a "blower" (at least here in the USA, a supercharger is called a blower) sticking out of the hood. I'm not sure what that thing is called, but it just directs air into the carburetor (air horn or air box maybe?). So for all of the butchery to the hood, it provides little in the way of performance gain (at least compared to a real blower).